Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: NAC threatens Sonnen with multiple fines if he competes at Metamoris

Default Rumor: NAC threatens Sonnen with multiple fines if he competes at Metamoris

this should be pretty interesting...

Friggin' NAC, just let him go get triangle'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Friggin' NAC, just let him go get triangle'd.
    I honestly dont think they can do that. To the best of my knowledge he is suspended from fighting not grappling tournaments, so the Athletic Commision has no pull here UNLESS: he has to get licensed to grapple? which I've never heard of and cant find anything on it either. I believe this is a vulgar display of power, but it's power that has no inclination to said tournament. I think Sonnen can win that court case easily and it's obvious he will fight that threat of penalty, as he lawyer'd up.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

If it is not a licensed event then I am not sure what they are doing.

Wasting time on a guy who will likely never compete in MMA in the United States again, why?

He called the wrong Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

(Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n, eff. 12-2-97)

NAC 467.0025  “Contestant” defined. (NRS 467.030)  “Contestant” means any person who engages in unarmed combat for remuneration.
    (Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n, eff. 12-2-97)
    By that regulation, he's fucked.

If they can have it classified as something other than combat, based on Nevada code definition of combat:

NAC 467.0037  “Unarmed combat” defined. (NRS 467.030)  “Unarmed combat” means boxing or any form of competition in which a blow is usually struck which may reasonably be expected to inflict injury.
    (Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n, eff. 12-2-97; A by R090-07, 12-4-2007)
    He may have a shot.

However, they will likely call it mma because of:

NAC 467.00285  “Mixed martial arts” defined. (NRS 467.030)  “Mixed martial arts” means unarmed combat involving the use, subject to any applicable limitations set forth in this chapter, of a combination of techniques from different disciplines of the martial arts, including, without limitation, grappling, kicking and striking.
    (Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n by R070-01, eff. 8-31-2001)
    So.....in short......this could take a while.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 08-04-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    By that regulation, he's fucked.

If they can have it classified as something other than combat, based on Nevada code definition of combat:

He may have a shot.

However, they will likely call it mma because of:

So.....in short......this could take a while.
    ouch. I didnt think Grappling was considered MMA as it is only 1 art... This does cause an issue.

I will personally be upset if Metamoris: Sonnen vs Galvao gets trashed because of this.. I was looking forward to tuning in for the event
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

At this point I'm down with any way the commission can stick it to Chael, they definitely owe him one.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    At this point I'm down with any way the commission can stick it to Chael, they definitely owe him one.
    Me too, as long as it doesn't obstruct anyone who hasn't done anything to earn the scorn of a commision, like the rest of the Metamoris's roster.
    You have to know what you don't know.

"Without limitation" - It's limited to grappling. Find something better to do. The scoundrel isn't fighting in MMA ever again...

Thread Information