Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Rumor: NAC threatens Sonnen with multiple fines if he competes at Metamoris

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    I'm not sure what you are saying, but when phrased as above, it means "including nut not limited to" which means it applies.

    You may have been saying that but I couldn't tell.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,157

    Default

    Holy fuck just let the guy make a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Holy fuck just let the guy make a living.
    He's already dishonestly earned a living in two different professions and squirmed his way out of any significant consequences in both cases by turning rat. Your empathy is wasted.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Holy fuck just let the guy make a living.
    He has been given numerous chances to earn a living and Sonnen fucked it up.

    Sonnen, out of anyone, cant complain about being screwed around. Sonnen screwed around his opponents honest attempt to earn a living through cheating them and screwed around the victims of his mortgage scam when he attempted to fraud them of their hard earned money.




    I wonder if the commission is just pissed because they came off looking like clowns after Sonnen's hearing? Also, what will Sonnen & the NSAC's working relationship be after all this? Considering he is now working with them to inform them about the ways of a cheater.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying, but when phrased as above, it means "including nut not limited to" which means it applies.

    You may have been saying that but I couldn't tell.
    Yup, I was. Sonnen's thing is limited to just grappling. I don't think the commission has grounds according to that third section that was posted. The combat has to be a combination of different martial art disciplines not being limited to just one of the mentioned disciplines.
    Last edited by hass; 08-04-2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: screwed up my thoughts! Mondays!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    keep going after the retired MMA fighter - grant current MMA fighter a license to fight for a title shot. Sounds about right from the NAC

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    keep going after the retired MMA fighter - grant current MMA fighter a license to fight for a title shot. Sounds about right from the NAC

    A retired MMA fighter aka multiple time offender who most recently caught with 4 different banned substances in his system. And we all know Sonnen would not be retired if he didnt get caught cheating.

    And Sonnen is much different from Vitor.

    A fighter got popped for slightly elevated testosterone levels when doing a voluntary test while not licensed to fight anyone.

    Or

    A licensed fighter who got caught while scheduled and contracted for a fight - 4 different banned substances in his system.

    Current
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    A retired MMA fighter aka multiple time offender who most recently caught with 4 different banned substances in his system. And we all know Sonnen would not be retired if he didnt get caught cheating.

    And Sonnen is much different from Vitor.

    A fighter got popped for slightly elevated testosterone levels when doing a voluntary test while not licensed to fight anyone.

    Or

    A licensed fighter who got caught while scheduled and contracted for a fight - 4 different banned substances in his system.

    Current
    cheating is cheating. Sorry, theres no one cheater is worse than the other cheater.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,277

    Default

    I'll be very disappointed if Sonnen doesn't get to compete at Metamoris. I was actually looking forward to that show.

  10. Default

    The NAC had their chance to go after Sonnen. This reeks of desperation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •