Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Thinks Fight Against Nick Diaz Could Be One of the Greatest Fights Eve

This fight would put the loser in a weird situation. Whoever loses will be 0-3 in their last three fights.

For what it's worth pyro, I'm not saying Silva winning is a guarantee. He drags guys into his fight rather than adapting a game plan. And his cardio is, IMO, suspect enough that if he has to really use footwork against Nick, he could gas quickly. And I expect his cardio to be particularly poor after the broken leg and layoff.

Nick could win this. It's just unlikely.

3. Default

This fight is going to make the Forrest fight look competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    This fight would put the loser in a weird situation. Whoever loses will be 0-3 in their last three fights.
    I think it puts Anderson in a worse situation, he'll have lost to a WW, whereas if Anderson wins it'll be because he was supposed to win, anyways (GOAT, yadda yadda). I definitely think Nick has more to gain in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Can't think of any. And I think when he gets into that position, he doesn't clinch as much as he uses underhooks that would be very ineffective against Silva.
    When Diaz gets clinched, he will often give up his back and grab a kimura lock.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    This fight is going to make the Forrest fight look competitive.
    I highly doubt that. Even Jardine tko'd Forrest. Diaz also won't fake being knocked out to make sure the ref stops it lol so at least there's that. At least, it's always appeared to me that Forrest did that...
    Last edited by dbader08; 08-06-2014 at 12:54 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Forrest just waved Silva off as a sign he had enough.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Forrest just waved Silva off as a sign he had enough.
    wouldnt that be just the worst situation of all time. Getting outclassed like Forrest did and then not having the lights fully turned out...I mean Forrest has been KO'd before and of all night to not go OUT its against a sniper like Silva. Id tell the ref i had enough too at that point haha.

I'm absolutely baffled at how people think Nick has a chance in hell in this fight. It quite hilarious.

And to think this fight is going to a decision, unless it really isn't going to be a main event, is insane. Anderson loses twice to Weidman, a great upcoming fighter, and all of a sudden he could possibly be beaten by Nick freaking Diaz. Gtfo. I must be blind to something.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 08-06-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I'm absolutely baffled at how people think Nick has a chance in hell in this fight. It quite hilarious.

And to think this fight is going to a decision, unless it really isn't going to be a main event, is insane. Anderson loses twice to Weidman, a great upcoming fighter, and all of a sudden he could possibly be beaten by Nick freaking Diaz. Gtfo. I must be blind to something.
    Wolf Tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post

You seem pretty confident in an Anderson victory. Might as well bet the house. Of course, Silva is at a way higher price now (-460) then what oddsmakers opened him (-250). Oddsmakers aren't dumb...they opened Barao -400 vs TJ and look where he ended up (-1000 or so). And holy shit look at the odds for the 2nd fight...-150 or so for TJ. What a crazy ass swing for a guy to go from +700 to -135 the next fight against the same fighter. Crazy shit. Of course oddsmakers are wrong sometimes as well. I favor Anderson to win but not as confidently as you...like I said, fuck it, bet the whole damn house!
    Last edited by dbader08; 08-06-2014 at 03:44 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information