Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anderson Silva Thinks Fight Against Nick Diaz Could Be One of the Greatest Fights Eve

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I'm absolutely baffled at how people think Nick has a chance in hell in this fight. It quite hilarious.

And to think this fight is going to a decision, unless it really isn't going to be a main event, is insane. Anderson loses twice to Weidman, a great upcoming fighter, and all of a sudden he could possibly be beaten by Nick freaking Diaz. Gtfo. I must be blind to something.
    I'm baffled by people thinking that Diaz has no chance.

I think Diaz has a better chance of beating Anderson then he had of beating GSP.
    You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

I would agree with Lord Pyro Nick does have a better chance, because the patent to beating the Diaz brothers is to smother them with wrestling and not get involved in the brawls they like to have, fight a mma fight not a Stockton Rules fight I think him and Anderson fight a stand up war and it could be quite entertaining.
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    I'm baffled by people thinking that Diaz has no chance.

I think Diaz has a better chance of beating Anderson then he had of beating GSP.
    I wouldn never think he has much of a chance at all against either except for the X factor in mma that anything could happen. But no, I don't believe he has a chance at all.

And this isn't cause I'm biased. I like Nick as a fighter.

Dbader, I don't make single bets cause I'm poor but I will surely add Silva to some parlays.

UFC boss discusses stakes of Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz at UFC 183
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ufc-bos...iaz-at-ufc-183
    By throwing Silva and Diaz in the cage together, White said he gave the fans exactly what they asked for.

“I’m pretty pumped for that fight,” White told MMAjunkie. “Anderson, I can’t wait until he comes back. He’s one of my favorite fighters. And you know Nick Diaz. He’s exciting, and that’s the fight Nick wanted. That’s the fight the fans wanted to see. So we did it.”

But what’s at stake in the fight? Silva already owns two losses to Weidman, and it’s rare for a fighter to be granted a third opportunity to face the same opponent, especially when a belt is on the line. Not all fighters are Silva, though.

Diaz also has a lot to gain with a win. He lost back-to-back championship fights prior to his self-inflicted retirement, but both those bouts were contested in the welterweight division. He’ll get a fresh start at middleweight, and taking out someone of Silva’s stature would be a major statement.

The buzz surrounding the Silva vs. Diaz matchup will unquestionably make it one of the biggest fights of 2015. White doesn’t want to commit to giving the winner a title shot since so much could change between now and January. He said the winner challenging for UFC gold is a possibility, though, and he plans to reassess the title picture after the fight.

“Anderson’s ranked No. 1 in the world right now at 185,” White said, referring to the UFC’s official rankings, in which champions aren’t ranked. “So obviously, Diaz, who is a 170-pounder, if he beats Anderson, it would be a pretty big statement for him.

“We’ll see what the (title) landscape looks like when that fight happens.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm kind of surprised even though I shouldn't be that Anderson is ranked #1 at MW. Jacare, Lyoto are ahead of him I'd say at this point. As for either one of them getting yet another undeserved title shot (mostly aimed at Nick) would be a giant pile of cow manure.

I am looking toward this fight and really hope that it is fought without too much showboating.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

nick diaz is going to sleep in the first round, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I'm kind of surprised even though I shouldn't be that Anderson is ranked #1 at MW. Jacare, Lyoto are ahead of him I'd say at this point. As for either one of them getting yet another undeserved title shot (mostly aimed at Nick) would be a giant pile of cow manure.

I am looking toward this fight and really hope that it is fought without too much showboating.
    I think Lyoto beats Anderson all day long and Jacare would give him one hell of a fight.

Thread Information