Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Thread

Default Raw Thread

Figured we should have a running thread just for random thoughts while watching raw. Here is one I posted on another forum, pertaining to last night's raw

Oh the card is stacked no doubt

Lesnar/Cena
    Steph/Bella with small tits
    Wyatt/Y2J
    Rollins/Ambrose (for really real this time)
    Miz/Ziggler (If Miz wins we riot)
    USA/USSR (Rocky IV part 2)
    Reigns/Orton
    Lee/Paige

Hell there isn't any room on the card for a TTT or US champ match. But still, did we need to see Fandango and Uno Matadora with those two chicks? Again?! Or Sandow making fun of the local crowd and then getting squashed? It's the same lame shit over and over again. How about instead of wasting time with R Truth you put Bo against Sheamus for the US strap. Lets see what the kids got. How about having Gold/Star Dust (can we start calling Dusty Rhodes "Rhode" Dust from now on?) turn heal and attack The Usos out of nowhere? Lets put some meaning behind these titles. When's the last time the US title was defended? Maybe 4 times in the last 18 months? Thats a joke. And there is NO heel team for the Usos to face. What about this Big E/kingston thing? We didn't see them on Raw, because they were too busy showing Fandango getting distracted by the same two broads for the 17th match in a row and losing.

At least Heath Slater got a win

Slaters gonna Slate

/End Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Gotta love you Kevo, you always seem to do what I think of doing but am too lazy to do! Using this as a general viewing thread for any Raws, Smackdowns etc would be a good idea, your choice whether you want to include PPVs or create separate threads for those I'm just happy to have somewhere to talk wrestling whilst watching.

I heard Raw wasn't great and after reading the report this morning I have no desire to sit down and watch it. I will watch Raw next week and hopefully be an active member in this thread even if it is only a few of us.

I'd watch it, there were some good matches. Ambrose/Del Rio and Slater/Rollins were pretty good. Cesaro/Ziggler. Reigns/Kane in a last man standing match. If you use the FF button, you're looking at about an hour of actual good wrestling.

You probably would have convinced me but the Paul Heyman DVD is out today and I just checked XWT and they have it so I will spend the 2 hours I would have spent watching Raw enjoying the Heyman documentary instead. I've been waiting months to see this, should be awesome!

This whole SummerSlam build is going on during the New Japan G1 tourney, which has 100% been the greatest cluster of wrestling cards in history. Seriously, they've been putting on the greatest saturation of amazing cards throughout with like an average of like four stars per card, I mean these guys have all basically just torn the house down multiple times per night and it has been stunningly excellent. I'll watch SummerSlam, but I'm on actual pro wrestling overload and can't waste the time on the "McMahon-Levesque Show" while these all-time great cards are going on....

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    You probably would have convinced me but the Paul Heyman DVD is out today and I just checked XWT and they have it so I will spend the 2 hours I would have spent watching Raw enjoying the Heyman documentary instead. I've been waiting months to see this, should be awesome!
    Outside of the MidSouth BluRay, the only WWE produced DVDs I've bought over the past year are Heyman's and Punk's.

There's a sick Harley Race documentary coming out this week and I just got my Kayfabe Commentaries Timeline:1992 with Bret Hart, which is obviously perfection.

How would one go about watching those Japan cards?

The G1 Climax is quality but I actually think it is TOO much wrestling. I intended to give it a go and try and watch every day but I haven't even finished the first day yet, you have to have an insane level of dedication to watch a 3-4 hour show every other day for 3 weeks. I will watch a few of the shows before the finals but no way I get through them all

In related NJPW/WWE news JR has expressed an interest in doing commentary for NJPW which would be so good if they ever start distribution outside of Japan, the lack of English commentary is one of the biggest obstacles for me trying to get into and understand the product and storylines going on.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    How would one go about watching those Japan cards?
    You can order them all on UStream for like $120 and it's worth it, get them individually or you can read the reviews from Meltzer or ahttp://keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com/post/93773616960/njpw-g1-climax-24-day-9-results-for-august-4-2014 and go to XWT and DL them from free....The card that had Suzuki/AJ is Day 7 and it's utter sickness, Day 4 was awesome and Day 8 had so many ridiculously, consistently great bouts.

Honestly, anything from AJ, Nakamura, Tanahashi, DBS Jr, Ishii, Naito, Suzuki, and my boys Shibata and Makabe have been very, very excellent.

I'll look it up. I'm sure it won't be Santino/Fandango quality, but really what match is?

Thread Information