Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw Thread

I wish you'd save some room for me on Roode's nuts, Fed.

I do like how there's more than one story going on with the women (I really don't want to use the term Divas), even though one is kind of a sidebar to the main Bryan/Authority storyline. I hope Paige/AJ can exceed expectations and show that it isn't just a "bathroom break" match.

Cocky heel Orton is better than chickenshit heel Orton. Unfortunately I think his time with the Authority has been nothing but detrimental to his persona. I kinda hope he gets the win in order to continue on with Reigns.

Ambrose/Rollins is the most intriguing to me, as I enjoy both men's work in both WWE and the indy circuit. With the teased match at Battleground, I look forward to the match more than any other on the card.

I can't help but have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that Cena is winning this match. Every sign points to Lesnar winning the title, and I think that's what is causing my uneasiness. It's probably unwarranted, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out this way.

I hope Cesaro gets positioned better in the coming months.

Edit: How the fuck did I forget Bray/Jericho? Slightly behind Ambrose/Rollins in intrigue for me.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 08-06-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Lesnar has to win, it will draw eyeballs to the rematch at Night of Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

@ Fed

I accept all your opinions about Roode and the way you think he is superior to other well known wrestlers. Unfortunately I think your breakdown is kinda like MMA maths, there is some logic to it but it doesn't really work. He might be better than all those wrestlers at specific things but the whole package just doesn't do it for me. I've seen Roode hyped since he broke from Team Canada and was Million Dollar Man-lite but I don't see massive star power in him, even more so since he got the generic haircut. I think he would be solid in WWE at the IC title, Dolph Ziggler level but I couldn't see him getting any higher than that.

You completely lost me at Matt Morgan. I could accept you saying TNA dropped the ball with him but saying he is the 2nd biggest miss by WWE over the last 10+ years is crazy talk to me. I am glad we have such different opinions on these things, it makes talking about them a lot more interesting than if we all agreed.

Never ever anticipate anything other than a Cena win, then if he loses it is a bonus. If Lesnar wins the title now when does he drop it? There's no way he holds it to Wrestlemania and him dropping the title at Mania would be the best rub he can give due to what happened at this year's event. I think there is a pretty good chance that at the least Cena will have the title on the Raw after NoC.

Ambrose vs Rollins should be the best match on the show although I just read the Smackdown spoilers and I'm not a huge fan of the stipulation for the match but if any 2 wrestlers can work around it and make it good then it's those two.

Bray/Y2J hasn't been as exciting as I expected, I've found the buildup a little flat. I can't see past Bray getting the win back.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    @ Fed

I accept all your opinions about Roode and the way you think he is superior to other well known wrestlers. Unfortunately I think your breakdown is kinda like MMA maths, there is some logic to it but it doesn't really work. He might be better than all those wrestlers at specific things but the whole package just doesn't do it for me. I've seen Roode hyped since he broke from Team Canada and was Million Dollar Man-lite but I don't see massive star power in him, even more so since he got the generic haircut. I think he would be solid in WWE at the IC title, Dolph Ziggler level but I couldn't see him getting any higher than that.

You completely lost me at Matt Morgan. I could accept you saying TNA dropped the ball with him but saying he is the 2nd biggest miss by WWE over the last 10+ years is crazy talk to me. I am glad we have such different opinions on these things, it makes talking about them a lot more interesting than if we all agreed.
    I really appreciate a respectful, thoughtful and articulate conversation where varying opinions can be expressed as well, far too often wrestling fans just get too pissy, trollish and smarky to really have a two-way debate.

For me, IF Roode were to get to WWE, he'd have the "WWE Machine" behind him(because I always hear WWE guys like Austin and Flair and Ross saying how he'd be a perfect fit for Vince), something he's never even close to had with TNA. Ziggler is a poor comparison "push-wise" IMO because Ziggler's taken alot of heat for "working TOO hard" from the agents and creative when he's told not to(because god forbid Ziggler works and bumps harder than the maineventers!) and they've reeeeeeally bailed on him after the concussion and I still think he's got "secret" heat for nailing Cena's Bella twin before he did. I don't think Roode would come in with that heat or disinterest and if HHH did right by him(and I think he would since HHH and Terry Taylor are really tight), I think he'd be a perfect fit as a top tier heel. Theoretically, Orton SHOULD have it all and be the total package, but he just lacks passion so often and can really be hot and cold and there always seems to something limiting him from reaching his full potential. I look back to the HHH/Orton Mania feud and think, "FUCK, Orton should've won that match and just held the belt for another year straight" and they've just never let him be the real heel I think he has in him(despite his major "successes").

As for Matt Morgan, how many guys are a LEGIT 7 feet, naturally that jacked-up, legitimately athletic, well-spoken, intelligent and professional? As far as a mainstream Cena-esque babyface, Morgan is really "The Blueprint". Now he's 37, but ten years ago, he had all of the raw tools to be the next big superstar for WWE. Hey, he's not the greatest worker by any stretch but he's fluid for a big man and if you developed his character and polished his work by surrounding him with great workers to bump and feed for him, I think he could've sold a shitload of merchandise and done excellent business for them. When you look at a Hogan or Warrior or Batista, Nash or Goldberg, they were not traditionally "good" workers per se, but they looked tremendous and had a lot of raw materials to work with. For me, Matt Morgan should've been the WWE's hood ornament alongside Orton and Cena over the past decade and there was just limitless ways to utilize him, far more productively than the time they wasted on so many like your Big Shows and Khalis.....Only other guys off my head that WWE really missed the boat on were how they wasted Shelton away and Harry Smith.

Shelton got so hot that one spring against Evolution, was one of the best WWE "athletes" ever and really could've been the first major league African American babyface superstar WWE World Champion(as Booker was never in a prominent light as THE headliner and wasn't "homegrown") and IMO, Shelty was on the cusp and they just completely pulled up stakes and really only utilized him for MITBs. It's funny but there was a time where people thought Shelton was going to be at a "Rey" level and be bigger than Cena.....that didn't happen lol.

For my $$$, Harry Smith has everything and is unfortunately, too much of a wrestler to succeed in WWE. He's got a great build, look and his work is second to none, but lacks charisma(but with him, I feel he could be produced to be a star). If I were running a promotion, Harry Smith is one of my franchise-players bar-none.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

AJ's problem with me is I have never been captivated by his promos, and sorry in todays WWE unless your BROCK lesnar you need to be able to draw with the Mic, AJ would expect paid what he gets when the WWE would probably offer him a dev deal, plus with AJ's age its almost too old to go through dev especially to learn how to chop on the mic.
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Fed I really want to reply to your last post but I haven't found time yet and I don't want to half ass it so I will try tomorrow. I'm going to sit down and watch day 4 of the G1 Climax with a friend now as I'm pretty sure you said it was one of the best days so far.

The Heyman documentary was awesome but I am a full paid up Heyman Guy so I was always going to enjoy it. If you like Heyman you will love the DVD IMO, it's definitely worth a watch for any wrestling fan and pretty much unmissable if you can watch it for free.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Fed I really want to reply to your last post but I haven't found time yet and I don't want to half ass it so I will try tomorrow. I'm going to sit down and watch day 4 of the G1 Climax with a friend now as I'm pretty sure you said it was one of the best days so far.

The Heyman documentary was awesome but I am a full paid up Heyman Guy so I was always going to enjoy it. If you like Heyman you will love the DVD IMO, it's definitely worth a watch for any wrestling fan and pretty much unmissable if you can watch it for free.
    I await your response! Enjoy the G1, I'd also HIGHLY recommend Day 7 too. It has Styles/Suzuki match plus Makabe/Naito, Shibata/Nagata, Nakamura/Ishii,

WWE has announced the release of Alberto Del Rio due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee.

WWE News: More details on Alberto Del Rio Firing

Details are still sketchy regarding Thursday's firing of Al Rodriguez (Alberto Del Rio) by WWE.

The story going around is that he slapped a WWE.com reporter at this week's television, but there are a variety of different stories going around regarding what led to this.

The belief is he will have a 90 day non-compete, which is likely to apply to TNA and AAA, both of which have interest in him. AAA would certainly be interested in him for the company's U.S. expansion.
    Per Dave Meltzer.

With the company cutting costs, you'd want to mind your p's and q's if you're on-air talent. Especially talent that isn't really doing much at the moment.

nice to see the nWo back on raw.

4 life. very fitting.

Thread Information