Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSAC files complaint against Wanderlei Silva for dodging drug test; seeks damages and

Default NSAC files complaint against Wanderlei Silva for dodging drug test; seeks damages and

NSAC files complaint against Wanderlei Silva for dodging drug test; seeks damages and possible suspension
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/6/597...suspension-mma
    From MMA Junkie:

Although Silva was unlicensed at the time of his offenses, the complaint defines him as an "unarmed combatant" who is subject to the NSAC's rules on banned substances.

The AG's office seeks costs associated with the Silva case, including investigative costs and attorney's fees, and any other punishment the commission sees fit, which could include barring him from applying for a license in the state for a period of time. Silva has 20 days to respond; his case will be addressed at a commission hearing at a date to be determined.

No word yet from the Silva camp.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Im suprised its taking them so long to get this dealt with, given the Chael test happened after it and is already water under the bridge for the commission.

If Wanderlei is suspended, given the drawn out nature of this case/investigation, does the suspension apply retroactively from the date of the missed/failed test?

As a member of one of the larger regulatory bodies in the Federal Government, I will only say I have always disagreed with "aggressive" regulation.

There should be a SET AND STANDARD penalty for dodging a test. The costs expended by the commission to administer said test and conduct the investigation should not be an aggravating factor. That was the commission's decision.

I can explain more, but I think people will get the gest.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Completely agreed, SJ. And that amount of discretion cuts both ways as I think guys like Vitor got off way to easily. It makes the whole ordeal a parody of law.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

It just seems weird that the commissions take it as a case by case basis and than we wind up with inconsistent rulings. Or even no rulings.
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    It just seems weird that the commissions take it as a case by case basis and than we wind up with inconsistent rulings. Or even no rulings.
    Which is truly how it works but not a good way to approach enforcement.

There needs to be a set guideline for penalties and a list of mitigating/aggravating circumstances that is strictly adhered to.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Which is truly how it works but not a good way to approach enforcement.

There needs to be a set guideline for penalties and a list of mitigating/aggravating circumstances that is strictly adhered to.

I fully agree, and they need to adopt a way that other new commissions have case history to go back on s they can make decisions based on what the norm is. Almost what I would be for is if each commission sent there heads down to all have a group meeting to get everyone on the same fucking page with MMA
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Is it standing procedure to label someone an unarmed combatant when they aren't licensed in your state yet? Does that mean that someone who dodges a test in another state/country deserve to be punished by the NSAC? Can I ask any more questions in a row?
    You have to know what you don't know.

I think you're considered subject to the reg if you're being promoted as part of a contest that's being held under that commission's jurisdiction.

Please don't quote me until I read it later tonight.

Second one- Clarify, if you mean that if he dodged in Brazil but the testers were from Vegas, then yes. If you mean he was fighting in another location and dodged, many have reciprocal agreements.

NO.

Wanderlei Silva calls out Dan Henderson, Hendo accepts
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/6/...lenge-accepted
    Wanderlei took to the Brazilian media to call out old Pride rival Dan Henderson who took his Pride Middleweight (205 pound) belt back in 2007. Translation by Fernando Arbex.

"I want to be back soon to make the 50th fight of my career. I would like it to be in a special card. It's not news that I want to face Vitor Belfort or Chael Sonnen. But Dan Henderson is other guy that I want to fight, it's a viable possibility. We're 1-1 tied and it would be nice to have a tiebreaker of our score. In my last fight at Pride, I lost my belt to him and I couldn't have a rematch because we left. If this fight happens, I'll ask him to bring the belt so the winner can have it after the fight."

"This fight could happen in any place of the world. It would be beautiful to happen at a soccer stadium in Curitiba, Brazil, where I'm from. The UFC are promoting a lot of cards and there are a lot of fights that people even don't know that will happen. But Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson would sell very well. A bout between champions has to be considered a big show."

Henderson, last seen getting rag dolled by Daniel Cormier at UFC 173, tweeted his response:

I'm good with it, what do you guys think? RT @luis_coutinho: @wandfc wants trilogy against (cont) http://t.co/QkRK0K9XlP
    — Dan Henderson (@danhendo) August 6, 2014
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information