Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor promises 1st round KO over Dustin Poirier

Default Conor McGregor promises 1st round KO over Dustin Poirier

After all of the animosity between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier while promoting UFC 178 this week, it was refreshing to hear Conor McGregor say nice things about his opponent on that same card, Dustin Poirier."Don't get me wrong, I like the kid," McGregor said Tuesday during a media Q & A.
    And...that's pretty much where the genuine-sounding nice stuff from McGregor ended. Louisiana's Poirier may be the more accomplished and established UFC featherweight, but the rising Irish star is clearly looking down at and past the American Top Team fighter.
    "He's a quiet little hillbilly. I have nothing against the guy. I'm sure he grew up in a circus or a fair, he's a nice little kid. His cousin's probably named Cletus or something," McGregor mocked.
    Poirier is a top-ten 145 pounder and has won three straight botus but "Notorious" questioned whether or not the 25 year-old still has his durability."All you gotta do is look at his last couple of fights," McGregor said.
    "The last contest he had, he fought a TUF reject and nobody gives a s-- about him. His chin is deteriorating. Every single contest he gets into, he gets hit, and he gets to one knee. A gust of wind hits him, and he does the chicken dance. Against me, I'm going to crack him with a jab and he's going to wobble and I'm going to put him away. It's going to be a first-round KO, mark my words."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...194224617.html

It's a good barometer for McGregor as Poirier has only lost to the top guys. Though watching the PR, he looks a weight class smaller than him.

Poirier is currently +170, and while I'm a terrible gambler, it seems like if that goes any higher you have to put some money on him. Look for the darce!

I get it that Conor is playing the game and he is exciting, but I kinda would like to see the diamond humble him.

I've gotta agree.

His resume in no way supports his bravado.

I heard some smack talk, I think it was from McCorkle one time, where he said, "Jesus Christ, the guy's only beat 3 dudes out of 10 who even have their own Wikipedia page."

That kind of sums it up for me.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I get it that Conor is playing the game and he is exciting, but I kinda would like to see the diamond humble him.
    I agree. And I love a good shyt talker. Especially one that can back up his shyt talking. However I enjoy shyt talkers that have a resume. Conor doesn't have the resume yet to be talking as much as he has.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've gotta agree.

His resume in no way supports his bravado.

I heard some smack talk, I think it was from McCorkle one time, where he said, "Jesus Christ, the guy's only beat 3 dudes out of 10 who even have their own Wikipedia page."

That kind of sums it up for me.
    And I just read this after I posted. Summed up my opinion nicely.

Everyone hates on a confident up and comer, like they can't talk shit to promote themselves or their fights.
    McGregor just has to stay away from Poirier's subs and he should be just fine.
    McGregor will finally come into some trouble when he faces the Edgar's and Mendes' of the division.
    But bring on Poirier, bring on Swanson, Conor McGregor will run through them.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Conor would run would run through Cub Swanson. Thats what you said. You just said that shit. You just said Conor would run through Cub Swanson.

What exactly have you seen that would make you think Conor would run through Cub Swanson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Obviously I'm a McGregor fan.

That being said... Poirier is NO JOKE... and to be honest, I think Conor may have bitten off too much too soon!

But it'll definitely be a good yard stick to see where he's REALLY at.

10. Default

Yes Kevo he said he'll kick Cubs butt.lol.
    With all that's going on one would have to make big statement to get noticed, but I don't think McGregor needed any push to do so.
    Some people look super/ unstoppable until the comp level rises this will be a good test to see if he can be a top ten and hang with top 5.

Thread Information