Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor promises 1st round KO over Dustin Poirier

1. Default

Yes Kevo he said he'll kick Cubs butt.lol.
    With all that's going on one would have to make big statement to get noticed, but I don't think McGregor needed any push to do so.
    Some people look super/ unstoppable until the comp level rises this will be a good test to see if he can be a top ten and hang with top 5.

I like Conor. He is very exciting. I also like Dustin and kinda want to see him temporarily derail the hype train. That doesn't mean I hate mcgregor or that I don't want to see him succeed in the future.

I love Conor and all of his talk. He's one of the best at it. I hope he backs it up all the way and continues this attitude toward others with a vengeance. The guy is sharp, imo. He thinks quick and has an aura about him. His intensity is extremely high.

War Conor all the way.

He made Dustin look bad at the Q and A.

How did he make Dustin look bad? He made himself look bad, sounded like an arrogant d@ck, they should have had sitting beside Jones.

Although, have to admit that

""He's a quiet little hillbilly. I have nothing against the guy. I'm sure he grew up in a circus or a fair, he's a nice little kid. His cousin's probably named Cletus or something," "

made me laugh pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    He made Dustin look bad at the Q and A.

He is an asshole, yes. That's part of why I like his demeanor. He delivers it very well. He was going off on Dustin, taking some personal digs, with intensity and without hesitation. He messed up one word. Dustin had nothing to say, and not because he didn't want to talk, but he just didn't know what to say back. In the war of words, Conor mopped the floor with him. In casual fans eyes, that makes Dustin look bad, and I'm sure he felt it and is thinking about it every day when he trains.

Poirier's a trap fight for Conor's hype train IMO and has such a cagey game that I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if he gets the "upset" here and really, I don't know if it'd be so much of an "upset" if Poirier were to win here, or just a deflation of some of the massive steam Conor's garnered, since for me, this is a pretty even matchup. Major test for Conor, this'll really show where he's at moving forward into 2015.....

In reality, I agree. Dustin is no joke.

I just hope Conor surprises us.

I'm half Irish, half English and I always seem to be rooting against my countrymen in MMA because they all act like such assholes. I liked Poirier before this fight was made and I will be cheering for him even louder than usual to derail the hype train in violent fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Everyone hates on a confident up and comer, like they can't talk shit to promote themselves or their fights.
    McGregor just has to stay away from Poirier's subs and he should be just fine.
    McGregor will finally come into some trouble when he faces the Edgar's and Mendes' of the division.
    But bring on Poirier, bring on Swanson, Conor McGregor will run through them.
    *DISCLAIMER*

This is not a shot at you personally but simply something I've noticed over and over.

Why is pointing out the most obvious point always construed as "HATING?"

Really. McGregor's resume absolutely does not match the hype or the bravado.

I have zero problem with confidence and intensity. I have a problem with sitting indoors wearing sunglasses and a shirt with sleeves that aren't even close to long enough for him but to each his own, I guess.

I'd say the Swanson fight would be incredibly fun to watch and you would see some leather tossed around. However, I think Swanson KO's him.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Hater.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Thread Information