Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conor McGregor promises 1st round KO over Dustin Poirier

1. Default

Dustin is legit and has been in there with top talent. Connor needs to understand the line between hyping a fight and talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Hater.
    Hey why is Spidey the "catcher" in your sig pic? Not that there's anything wrong with that (cue the Seinfeld beat)

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    Hey why is Spidey the "catcher" in your sig pic? Not that there's anything wrong with that (cue the Seinfeld beat)
    Spiderman made a living from selling selfies, imagine how much he could have made from selling a sex tape.

I really can't wait for UFC 178! I am so hyped for this and the other fights that I have already arranged to drive to the other end of England just so I can watch it with a friend who loves MMA even half as much as I do. Such a stacked card.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

all this talk and no brawl at the weigh ins?

I wonder if Conor felt a little up staged

Eh. I'll be pulling for Dustin on this one. Just can't get past Connors mouth. If this is a legit sport there is absolutely no need in taking digs at another fighters hometown origins... Which I might find more insulting as i myself come from the south... But that's beside the point. Keep it about the competition... Keep it about the sport, and leave pointless personal insults out of it. What if Dustin came out and called Connor a wop? Would that be ok? I guess I just hate double standards, and don't see how calling him a hillbilly, and suggesting he was raised in a circus or fair is any different then if another fighter called someone a chink, wop, nigger, or that Italian word for eggplant that I can't spell that is oft used as a racial slur for "people of color". What if a white fighter insinuated that, let's say random black fighter #7 came from the "ghetto"... Would that be ok?
    In short, war Dustin. I've been drinking. How's my grammar? Please slow the hype train.

Edit: I also have no clue where Dustin is from... There are hills everywhere I suppose? Whatever. I stand by my point.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    What if Dustin came out and called Connor a wop? Would that be ok?
    No, it would be hilarious. Since Conor is Irish and not Italian.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

WOP= Without papers- a racial epithet aimed at Italian/American immigrants.

I believe you meant to say leprechaun, mick, or snout.

I would imagine one of those would have been met with some type of negative response.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I apologize for using the wrong racial slur in my example, and feel better knowing going forward I'll be able to degrade the proper group of people with the proper terms.

I kid i kid. But the point stands, some people seem to think it's clever and funny to insult Dustin by calling him a hillbilly and insulting his upbringing... It's just a classless grabbing at low hanging fruit, in an attempt to drum up interest... Just stay on topic, and let your fighting skills impress people.

Conor vs Cub would be close, it all just depends on how Conor's ground game is coming along while training with Gunnar...I'm just extremely impressed with the guy's footwork, diverse stand up, speed, power, and I'd be willing to bet he has a pretty good chin.

Cub and Dustin fought not too long ago and the odds were close...something like Cub -130, Dustin +120...and here Dustin is +170 vs Conor ATM. So I don't think the odds would be too lopsided either way for Conor or Cub in a potential fight...I think Conor is gonna run a clinic on Dustin, though...just don't see Dustin having much success on the feet. Conor destroyed Brimage who is a southpaw...just don't see this fight going good for Dustin.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

At this point, it would be ridiculous to take seriously any trash talk that your opponent is doing.

It is known that the only purposes of talking shit is to hype the fight, and to make you lose the control of your emotions.
    If your opponent talks shit to you and you become all angry and answer to him, he wins.

Talking shit will not make you a better fighter and will not help you during the fight. And there are many examples to prove that.

McGregor makes fun of some things, and actually there are things about Conor that anyone can easily make fun of as well.

I am glad that Dustin is not reacting to Conor's dumb provocations.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information