Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Heyman: 'Brock Lesnar fought at 50% in the UFC'

Default Paul Heyman: 'Brock Lesnar fought at 50% in the UFC'

By now, just about every fight fan knows that former UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar battled (and nearly died from) diverticulitis throuhgout his brief but sensational MMA career. However, Lesnar's friend Paul Heyman recently told Dave Meltzer that the fighter's condition was worse than many realized.
    "Brock wasn't healthy," Heyman said.
    "I don't think Brock has truly understood nor accepted the severity of the illness that took him down. They did blood work on Brock and they found out he wasn't healthy for many, many years. His body was fighting this affliction off and using so much of his energy.

"He was handicapped the entire time. His body is so freakish, he was fighting this thing off and he had enough energy to do those other things while sick.
    "The Brock Lesnar who stepped into the cage with Alistair Overeem, he was at 50, 75 percent. You're going to fight Alistair Overeem at 75 percent, Cain Velasquez at 75 percent. He fought Shane Carwin at 75, or 60, or 80 percent, but even at 95 percent against Shane Carwin, you're at a disadvantage."
    Since retiring from MMA competition, Lesnar has returned to the WWE and pro wrestling. Although Heyman didn't rule out a future return to the Octagon for the former NCAA national champion wrestler, he did say that the star is happy with his cushy wrasslin' deal, at present.
    "I think he's very, very happy right now with what we're doing in WWE," said Heyman.
    "It's [making an MMA come back] not a subject he has to think about. If the deal ends up over in WWE, if a change of circumstances happens, and if it's a no-brainer to get him back into the cage, I'm sure it's something he'd consider. Right now, it's not a topic of conversation. Why would you mess up the WWE deal?"
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...181907955.html

I like how the headline says at 50%, where in the article Paul jumps from 75% to 60% to 80%

So you're telling me stomach problems are connected to being afraid of head shots?

Shouldn't he refund Zuffa half the money he was paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    So you're telling me stomach problems are connected to being afraid of head shots?
    How did you get THAT from the article? Heyman never said Brock was better than those fighters, he didn't mention his skills or deficiencies at all. He merely stated that the illness stopped Brock from being at his physical peak which makes sense when you are struck down by an illness that almost kills you.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

With the amount of intestine they pulled out, its scary what a non diverticulitis brock would of done in MMA
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Them Johny numbers % lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    yeah like this right..............

Look hate the man all you wish but it is a fact that he came in on a steep learning curve and then his illness DID prevent him from reaching his potential.
    Yes, getting hit wasn't his fortay but at the end of the day he can get a legit boxing coach that would have pushed him and taught him to get used to it. Guys who have been in kickboxing and boxing get used to being hit and learn to absorb it and make it a non factor, well being someone of his size you do not have to worry about anyone hitting you.

Yeah, he may not have been the best but a wasn't a schmuck.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Well Heyman has to decide how unhealthy was Lesnar, because he first says 50%, then 75%, then 80%, then 60% LOL

As for Lesnar, he is a freak of nature. But even at 100% he would have lost to Cain and Overeem.
    Lesnar was very strong with great wrestling, but diverticulitis was not the cause of his limited striking or fear of getting hit.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information