Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Heyman: 'Brock Lesnar fought at 50% in the UFC'

Lesnar almost immediately and single-handedly changed the landscape of the hw division and had the world shitting its pants in response.

Regardless of his level of health and your opinion of him, he did amazing things in an incredibly short time.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I agree with Kenny Powers. He really shook up the division, took it over, and brought some always welcome exposure. His illness certainly played a roll in limiting his potential. Instead of focusing on what he could have done in MMA had he not been sick, I'd rather focus on thinking what could he have accomplished if he focused more on being a complete fighter instead of a scripted outcome star/aspiring professional football player.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Brock did change the landscape of the division. Yes he's a freak of nature but in all honesty to me he was a "bully" type of fighter. He was bigger and stronger than most so he had no real worries. The minute somebody starting taking head shots or out fight him he would turtle up. Yes his stomach may have played a role but he couldn't take a punch and that is a requirement to fight in the biz.

Lol, yes he did not like getting hit, but no one likes getting hit in the face. Brock made it very obvious I guess. But to say the guy couldn't take a punch is bullshit. He took some shots that would have put other guys out. I think there's some sort of difference between not liking getting hit/reacting poorly to getting punched and being able to take a punch. Physically Brock could take a huge shot; mentally he had trouble with it.

I've always likened it to baseball as kids.

The first time a kid sees a really hard fastball thrown directly at him, his instinct is to shy away from the box or shrivel up. As time goes on, they keep their eyes open and start to realize that getting hit may hurt but won't kill them and they also learn how to avoid getting hit and staying in the pocket until they can deliver a solid hit on the ball.

I have often wondered who was working in that camp on striking and boxing/kickboxing. Brock truly reacted to the bigger hitters like he hadn't ever been in a hard sparring match in his life.

Hass
    I agree with that. My mistake in the phrasing as him not taking a punch. The thing is if you're a fighter your reaction shouldn't be to run away and do breakdancing moves to get away from them. Anybody can take a punch it's just how you react after getting it. But I do stand by the bully fighter comment.

SimpleJack
    I believe there were comments that he didn't even like hard contact during camp. Isn't there something about Pat Barry getting almost beat up when he clocked Brock once?

That's very possible and unfortunate.

Taking hard shots while learning is the name of the game. Brock knows better than anyone that practices are hard so fights are easy.

Guess I'd word it that Brock has a good chin as far as not getting knocked out. The baseball analogy is a really good one!

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

I have tried to tell my family and friends who are more so your "Casual fan" this but no one likes to listen, but with casual fans they think Weidman Silva 2 was an "Accident" and Weidman did not beat Silva it was a freak accident.
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

To be fair, Weidman was easily winning that fight.

In the first fight same thing, he was clearly winning before that "fluke".
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information