Thread: Injury Forces Urijah Faber Off UFC Japan Card, Alex Caceres Takes His Place

Default Injury Forces Urijah Faber Off UFC Japan Card, Alex Caceres Takes His Place

Urijah Faber won’t be returning to the Octagon as soon as initially planned.

The former WEC champion’s climb back into title contention has been derailed due to an undisclosed injury. He had been slated to face Octagon newcomer Masanori Kanehara.

With Faber out of the fight, the man he last defeated, Alex Caceres, has agreed to take his place. He will face Kanehara at UFC Fight Night 52 on Sept. 20 in Saitama, Japan.

Kanehara (23-11-5) is a rare case as a fighter making his UFC debut while coming off a loss. In his last outing, the Japanese fighter was disqualified for throwing his opponent out of the ring at DEEP: 66 Impact. Prior to the loss, Kanehara won six fights in a row.

Caceres (10-6, 1 NC) had been on quite a run before losing to Faber. He had won four of his previous five bouts with the fifth bout being a no contest that he had initially won before testing positive for marijuana.

UFC Fight Night Japan is headlined by a heavyweight bout between Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson, and will stream on UFC Fight Pass.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/inj...9321--mma.html

Meh, that fight was going to be one sided anyway. Maybe now when Faber comes back he can face someone that's in his own league. Caceres should make this more of a competitive fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Damn, would have been easy money.

definitely a more interesting fight now.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

faber vs cruz

I think Cacares takes this actually

Thread Information