Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Jones Threatens To "Literally" Kill Cormier

Jon Jones explains being 'fake': 'when the camera is on, I have a job to do'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/8/...ve-a-job-to-do
    Apparently, shortly before ESPN went live with their broadcast, Jones and Cormier were still going at it, trading insults via video feed. But when the cameras came on, Cormier told Fox Sports that everything changed for Jones, and for his part, the champ isn't denying it:

"We all have hats to wear," Jones said. "So I can feel something about someone and express the way I feel, but when the camera is on, I have a job to do. I represent a brand. I represent a fanbase and I'm not going to be an idiot on national TV just because I don't like the person who's on the other side of the camera. So yeah, he's telling the absolute truth. I swore, I told him all types of [profane], terrible things and when the cameras went on, I was professional. If you consider that fake ... "
    "You show different sides of yourself throughout the day," Jones said. "In one day, we can show a hundred different hats. Who's the same person all the time? Everyone has different sides of themselves."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-09-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Yeah, I'm always skeptical when 'unaired' footage comes out. Still not convinced that either incident is NOT a work.
    I'm convinced the whole thing is a work. They are probably buddies that decided to draw as much attention to their fight as possible. I'm %100 convinced that was the case with Jones and Rampage. I remember reading about an argument between Jones and Rampage on this forum. A week or so later they were on a sports radio show live in Denver promoting UFC 135. They were acting pretty friendly toward each other. One of they hosts even commented on it. Shortly after that they changed their tone and pretty much the exact, word for word exchange that I had read about on the forum had ensued. I would bet all of my money that they never had beef and everything was hype. And pretty much everyone here bought it. I did too and I was disappointed when I heard that interview.

I think Jones and DC have taken it to a whole new level which I don't like. Oh, they let this slip behind the scenes on ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports accidentally. Don't be taken for a ride guys. Its pretty clear that Jones has embraced the role of the "bad guy". He probably tried to be liked and everyone seemed to hate on him anyway, so fuck it. Make money and fight. His public persona is admittedly fake. He doesn't care about being an ambassador for the sport, which sux because I like rooting for those guys.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I have literally never seen a Jon jones fight that sucked.
    I agree. Which is why he is my favorite fighter despite all his fake public persona WWE crap.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

So I can feel something about someone and express the way I feel, but when the camera is on, I have a job to do. I represent a brand. I represent a fanbase and I'm not going to be an idiot on national TV just because I don't like the person who's on the other side of the camera.
    And people have a problem with this? Thats interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    I actually think Cormier comes off better in these exchanges. The more Jones talks the more I buy into him being fake as hell. Great fighter but total douche.

*shrug*
    I personally feel the opposite but that is due to my own perspective. I am used to this from Jones, so it doesn't affect my perception of him, but not from DC so he has fallen a lot in my estimation since this fight was booked and he REALLY needs to stop talking about how fake Jones is when he has shown he is exactly the same.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Meh. Nothing new here. Jones still has his fake personality on when talking to the press.
    I really hope they actually dislike each other, but this being UFC this is probably just one of those fake "we hate each other so much one of us ain't leaving the cage alive" kind of WWE dramashit just to sell couple of more PPVs. Luckily Uncle Dana ain't getting any money from me directly so I can watch the event without feeling like I'm sending Dana a message telling him to orchestrate more of this kinda classless drama.
    If you are boring person, then you are boring person. No need to create scripted drama. Not everyone can be as awesome as Mark Hunt.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

By listening to their voice tone when they threat each other it is just impossible to believe that is real.

You would imagine some very serious and nervous tone, and instead they threat each other in such a relaxing voice, as if they were discussing which beer is better.
    -"You know that heineken is better"
    -"Oh come on, Heineken will never be as good as Guiness",
    - "Oh I bet you that heineken is better"
    -"It is not true Jon"
    - "Oh yes it is"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Ultimate fighting circus
    They are both annoying as hell, just fight and stop with the horrible attempts to hype and sell this fight.

UFC going hard for the million buys hype on this one.

It is working. I am watching espn on this fine Saturday morning and they just made espns funniest moments. Eyeballs are being drawn.

I figuratively can't wait for this fight.

Thread Information