Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Jones Threatens To "Literally" Kill Cormier

I just don't get how being professional and acting professional infront of a camera when representing the brand that is the UFC is somehow "fake"

question, when you are working and representing your employer do you avoid saying things you would say in passing to say your best friend or wife / gf? I'd guess the answer is yes, so are you too fake?

Everyone definitely has to "church" it up at times and portray the best image of themselves. We all have good and bad. I know I can change when speaking to different people. When I am in an educational setting I speak to people professionally, when I was around army people I would cuss, when I am back home around country folk I might say yonder or let's go to the crick (creak). I don't feel like my core being changes though. I think the problem here is he comes off as respectful then goes right into taunting, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I just don't get how being professional and acting professional infront of a camera when representing the brand that is the UFC is somehow "fake"

question, when you are working and representing your employer do you avoid saying things you would say in passing to say your best friend or wife / gf? I'd guess the answer is yes, so are you too fake?
    Okay... I'll bite.

For ME... I don't call Jones "fake" because he acts professionally in front of the camera.
    That's just him representing the brand as best he can.
    Completely agreed.

But it's ONE thing to display a polite public persona, and it's another to simply act/say stuff that YOU don't even believe. And in a manner that is completely contrived.

DC doesn't swear or scream or act "unprofessional" in his interviews... but he doesn't "act" either. He is on his best behaviour, but his opinions/values don't shift. He says "I don't like JJ" in PUBLIC where as in private he probably says "JJ is a dick". Same sentiment... but cleaned up for TV.

Jones, on the other hand, COMPLETELY alters his views (even his tone of voice!) when on or off camera. He JUST finished talking about how he wanted to apologize! Cause "that's not how a professional/champion acts"... OFF goes the camera, and he's all "Hey PUSSY, you still there?"

DC wasn't talking to him. Nobody instigated that exchange but him!

DC basically says what he was ALWAYS saying "Jon, you're fake." YES, he sprinkles in some obscenities! But WHAT he is saying is the same.

Jones? All of a sudden he's NOT talking about behaving like a role model... he's talking about MURDERING someone.

Seriously?

That's FAKE.

OF COURSE a guy has got to clean it up for interviews/tv. Of course!

But that doesn't mean your ENTIRE personality changes.

I believe THAT is why he is viewed as "fake".

I really pray that Cormier knocks out Jones and then spits in his face and when Jones comes to all groggy Cormier walks up and says, "talk sh*t now mfer" ala Brock Lesnar!

Brown Pride

5. Default

Fake is speaking out about drinking and driving, then crashing your car drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Fake is speaking out about drinking and driving, then crashing your car drunk.
    No no, you see that was his professional company guy talking about drinking and driving. Clearly it is not what he thinks about the issue on a personal level.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Fake is bragging about how your a devout Christian role model who used to rat on other kids for smoking pot, then jumping in your car drunk and wrapping it around a pole.

I found it entertaining Jones stated he would not act like an idiot on camera... So does that mean he acknowledged his actions 'off camera' post espn interview were idiotic?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He used to rat on people for smoking weed? I take it all back, fuck Jon Jones!

I think you can be a dick to someone you don't like and have enough self awareness to know you are being a dick so I don't see any reason why he couldn't acknowledge his comments off air were idiotic even if he never publicly admits it. I guess we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    He used to rat on people for smoking weed? I take it all back, fuck Jon Jones!

I think you can be a dick to someone you don't like and have enough self awareness to know you are being a dick so I don't see any reason why he couldn't acknowledge his comments off air were idiotic even if he never publicly admits it. I guess we will never know.

Jon Jones: ‘I was always the kid that snitched’
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/...that-snitched/
    “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

Thread Information