Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Jones Threatens To "Literally" Kill Cormier

Considering how much Dana and co. have learned from the WWE it's interesting that Jon Jones has become the John Cena of MMA in the way he completely splits opinion amongst fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Considering how much Dana and co. have learned from the WWE it's interesting that Jon Jones has become the John Cena of MMA in the way he completely splits opinion amongst fans.
    Isn't that the mark of a true legend? I can't think of any great athlete that didn't have an equal amount of detractors and admirers.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Isn't that the mark of a true legend? I can't think of any great athlete that didn't have an equal amount of detractors and admirers.
    Muhammad Ali and Usain Bolt were the first two that spring to mind but I could be wrong. I know Ali had a lot of detractors when he was actually fighting but now I would say he had an overwhelming amount of fans compared to haters.

Muhammad Ali and Usain Bolt were the first two that spring to mind but I could be wrong. I know Ali had a lot of detractors when he was actually fighting but now I would say he had an overwhelming amount of fans compared to haters.
    Ali was an incredibly polarizing figure in his prime due to his political views. Everyone loves him now that he has parkinsons and is on his way out. People look back on greatness and remember what the want. How many people love Michael Jackson now? The same people that called him a monster before he died, went out and scooped up his greatest hits the day he died.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Isn't that pretty much exactly what I said about Ali? I literally don't know one person who hates Bolt though.

Isn't that pretty much exactly what I said about Ali? I literally don't know one person who hates Bolt though.
    I guess I thought you meant he was a polarizing fighter not a polarizing person. I've actually never heard a bad thing about Bolt but I don't exactly follow track either.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

7. Default

Wayne Gretzky springs to mind.

Charles Barkely?
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Muhammad Ali was actually a scumbag for a plethora of reasons.

You don't have to be equally loved and hated to be great. How many people hated jerry rice? Emmitt smith? Cal Ripken? Hakeem Olajuwon?

No, you can be a real person and be loved.

Edit: most people hated Barkley during his days in Philly. He and Mahorn were fucking assholes.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Who hates Shaquille oneil? He brought us kazam and shaq fu.

Thread Information