Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Grant calls out Nate Diaz, 'Cowboy' Cerrone for possible UFC Fight Night 54 spot i

Default TJ Grant calls out Nate Diaz, 'Cowboy' Cerrone for possible UFC Fight Night 54 spot i

TJ Grant calls out Nate Diaz, 'Cowboy' Cerrone for possible UFC Fight Night 54 spot in Halifax
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/10/59...54-halifax-mma
    rom his conversation with FOX Sports:

"I would personally like to fight Nate Diaz or Donald Cerrone. I think they would be exciting fights. I like the way they come forward and they fight. It's a competition, but it's a fight first, and that's what I want. But really I don't care. It's all about timing and some guys have fights, it's nothing personal. I just go out there and do my job. I'm not picky. I'd bet Cerrone will probably have a fight booked in the next two days. Anybody in the top 10, it doesn't matter."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm crossing my fingers for the Cerrone fight for the #1 contender spot in Halifax. That to me, would be a bigger fight than Rory vs Saffiedine.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Cerrone is a fighter that just wants to fight. He does not give a shit about who is his opponent.

Diaz on the other hand....
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for the Cerrone fight for the #1 contender spot in Halifax. That to me, would be a bigger fight than Rory vs Saffiedine.
    Meh, that fight doesn't do much for me as far as a #1 contender"s bout goes..

and Cerrone has been getting easy fights recently compared to alot of guys...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Meh, that fight doesn't do much for me as far as a #1 contender"s bout goes..

and Cerrone has been getting easy fights recently compared to alot of guys...
    He was knocked down the ladder. But he fought Jim Miller and was scheduled to fight Nurmagomedov. That's not an easy road.

But agree TJ isn't a #1 contender fight after over a year out.

I just think he could have been given a top contender a win or 2 sooner. People are talking about giving him a #1 contender fight and his biggest win recently is Barboza...great win but come on, the dude was finished by Varner.

Noons, Dunham, Martins...good fighters, but not top 10. Of course he's fought alot of the top guys and you can't just have rematches all the time and some guys are just injured but just saying...he needs to be tested.

And isn't it funny how fighters get flack for trying to get themselves paid more...like their animals or something and should just take what their given and be happy lol screw that.
    Last edited by dbader08; 08-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

He was knocked down the ladder. But he fought Jim Miller and was scheduled to fight Nurmagomedov. That's not an easy road.

But agree TJ isn't a #1 contender fight after over a year out.
    In TJ's defense the title hasnt even been defended since the fight he pulled out of took place.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    In TJ's defense the title hasnt even been defended since the fight he pulled out of took place.
    Holy cow... I hadn't thought about that- That's crazy!

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

Will be a great fight, I dont think its # 1 contender status however it should be able to put them in line for a #1 shot
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

I can concede that because of the long lay off that TJ isn't as close to the title as he once was, but Cerrone is close to a title shot. He's got four wins, four finishes, and four fight bonuses in his last four fights. The only three fighters ahead of him in the rankings are Khabib (injured), Melendez (next shot) and Bendo (no interest in seeing that fight again.) With that said, I think if TJ comes in and wins super impressively, absolutely I think he could be at least considered for a title shot (depending on how long Khabib is out.)

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information