Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Rumor.....Gina to Bellator!?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    now DW can buy Bellator and have Scott working for him again?
    Now that would be some funny shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I do not want to see Gina come back. And why would she sign with Bellator? Oh of course, Coker.
    it not for the fame or money or competition because none of that is in Bellator. Hell last i knew they disbanded their women's div any how

Bellator is considering a women's division
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...mens-division/
    According to sources with knowledge of the situation, the new Bellator regime -- led by former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker -- is interested in adding at least one women's division to the promotion, with featherweight (145 pounds) being the leading candidate right now.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Bellator is considering a women's division
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...mens-division/
    and stock it with whom, UFC and Invicta flunkies?
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    and stock it with whom, UFC and Invicta flunkies?
    At 145?

How about Marloes, Cyborg and Gina for a start. Strikeforce 2.O

At 145?

How about Marloes, Cyborg and Gina for a start. Strikeforce 2.O
    aside from the obvious is what i was referring to..

I'm not sure Cyborg will leave Invicta if it's not to come to the UFC and I dont think Bellator offers Carano a better deal than Dana White would either, I could be wrong on that tho as they may indeed want to work for Coker again.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

aside from the obvious is what i was referring to..

I'm not sure Cyborg will leave Invicta if it's not to come to the UFC and I dont think Bellator offers Carano a better deal than the UFC would either, I could be wrong on that tho

Good deal or not... Can either lady get down to 135 and still put on a good fight?

What is a bigger fight? Ronda vs Holm and whoever else they have to feed to her or Cyborg vs Gina 2 ? Assuming Gina goes with Bellator of course.

Good deal or not... Can either lady get down to 135 and still put on a good fight?

What is a bigger fight? Ronda vs Holm and whoever else they have to feed to her or Cyborg vs Gina 2 ? Assuming Gina goes with Bellator of course.
    I think they could do 135 if they really wanted too. Quite honestly? Gina fighting Cyborg nor Ronda first fight back in action isnt very appealing to me, I seriously believe she needs to take a few tune up fights and get back in the mix before jumping right back in with the likes of either of those two. That's just the way I see it of course. I like Holly Holm's approach and wanting a couple fights to see where she really stands before taking on Rousey, I feel that's very smart and the best career move for her to cement her spot in the fight game.

I think they could do 135 if they really wanted too. Quite honestly? Gina fighting Cyborg nor Ronda first fight back in action isnt very appealing to me, I seriously believe she needs to take a few tune up fights and get back in the mix before jumping right back in with the likes of either of those two. That's just the way I see it of course. I like Holly Holm's approach and wanting a couple fights to see where she really stands before taking on Rousey, I feel that's very smart and the best career move for her to cement her spot in the fight game.

I fully agree with your points. Gina Ronda makes no sense but does Gina want tune up fights, does Gina want to cut weight?

Does Gina want even want to fight Cyborg again? Does she want to avenge a loss to a roided up Cyborg?

What is more appealing, a one off fight against Cyborg for the Bellator WMMA champ or a slow build up against Rousey for the UFC or a straight shot at the UFC champ at 135?

Good questions, Bellator would be smart to get in the wmma game at 145 in my opinion.

I fully agree with your points. Gina Ronda makes no sense but does Gina want tune up fights, does Gina want to cut weight?

Does Gina want even want to fight Cyborg again? Does she want to avenge a loss to a roided up Cyborg?

What is more appealing, a one off fight against Cyborg for the Bellator WMMA champ or a slow build up against Rousey for the UFC or a straight shot at the UFC champ at 135?

Good questions, Bellator would be smart to get in the wmma game at 145 in my opinion.
    Coker knows what he is doing, he'll do it if it will make them some money and there is a market for it. I wouldnt mind it either but I'm not a huge WMMA advocate in the first place as I dont thoroughly enjoy watching two women beat the hell out of each other. However, there are some appealing matchups to me.

I really didnt have any issue with Scott in Strikeforce, I actually enjoyed alot of their shows just the same as I enjoy a good Bellator card.

Thread Information