Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC's Wanderlei Silva confident he won't be punished

Default UFC's Wanderlei Silva confident he won't be punished

Despite running from a drug test, lying about it and then admitting to using banned substances, UFC fighter Wanderlei Silva is confident that he'll be the next fighter to go un-punished by the Nevada Athletic Commission for drug test irregularities. Vitor Belfort was recently essentially allowed to regulate himself when he failed a drug test earlier this year (his second in Nevada), removed himself from a title fight, attempted to cover up the drug test until a Yahoo! Sports report revealed that the test results were soon to be released, then re-applied for a license and was granted one with ease and then handed a title shot by the UFC.
    So, it may not be too surprising that Silva also has confidence that he'll go unpunished by the world's top fight regulator when he gets his next hearing August 21. In a recent interview, Silva seemed to be alluding to a possible defense that the NAC did not, or does not have jurisdiction over him because he is not currently licensed and was not when they attempted to test him in May.
    "Iím already preparing my defense," Silva told said.
    "Thereís not much to be done, thereís no legislation over me. I donít have a license and Iím not committed to fight in any event at the moment. I will do my defense and, as soon as I have [a fight] coming up, I will do the test and prove that Iím clean to get my license."
    Of course, when Silva did run from the test, he had a well-publicized fight scheduled with Chael Sonnen in Nevada and was undoubtedly set to apply for a license with the commission. So, they were well within their rights and responsibilities to test the Brazilian.
    Of course, there's no telling what will happen with Silva's case, with Nevada's erratic and hidden decision-making process, of late. So, the "Axe-Murderer" is free, for now, to continue to make dillusional-sounding plans.
    "I want to fight in December, at the end of the year," he announced.
    "They always do big events at the end of the year, and this fight could happen anywhere. I will be ready. I would like to fight in Brazil, but we can fight in Japan or even in the United States. But if it really is against Dan Henderson, I would like it to be in a soccer stadium in Brazil."
    A fighter can dream, can't he? And, fight fans can certainly then groan.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...211049727.html

between him and vitor im not sure who i hate more at this point.

Also, how about cheater Wandy wanting to fight in Brazil (stated that first) then Japan (where he was allowed to cheat for how many years) "or even USA"....what a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Also, how about cheater Wandy wanting to fight in Brazil (stated that first) then Japan (where he was allowed to cheat for how many years) "or even USA"....what a fucking joke.
    You criticizing Wandy, who has never been caught cheating for being a cheater, yet you support Jon Jones. Last time I checked Wandy was never disqualified from a fight for cheating.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

What are you trying to say? The UFC would allow Wanderlei to cheat in Japan if he was to get licensed? Why does it bother you if Wanderlei wants a fight in Japan?

It isn't cheating if it isnt banned. Pride did not ban PEDs according to Enson Inoue.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    What are you trying to say? The UFC would allow Wanderlei to cheat in Japan if he was to get licensed? Why does it bother you if Wanderlei wants a fight in Japan?

It isn't cheating if it isnt banned. Pride did not ban PEDs according to Enson Inoue.
    Because i think he should be only fighting in the states under strictest testing there is. I dont think Brazil, Japan, etc do that. He ran from a test, hes a cheater. Running is just as bad as failing - ask the Reem.

Because i think he should be only fighting in the states under strictest testing there is. I dont think Brazil, Japan, etc do that. He ran from a test, hes a cheater. Running is just as bad as failing - ask the Reem.

I am not disagreeing about the severity of his actions.

I was just curious to understand the connection you made to him previously 'cheating' in Japan when he fought for Pride. It seems a far stretch to assume because he was allegedly allowed to use steroids while fighting for one organization the current very different organization he is fighting for will allow him to cheat, just because it is in Japan.

I don't think fighting in the states guarantees strict testing either, maybe in Nevada but the strict testing isnt happening with every American AC is it?

Also, Vitor shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation (OP) as he was not in the same boat as Sonnen or Wandy. As much as you like to demonize him, Vitor was not licensed to fight anyone at the time of his voluntary drug test which showed slightly elevated testosterone. - Not that Im trying to re hash the Vitor shit just trying to illustrate the differences between offenses.

I don't think things will be so easy for Wanderlei, look at the shit Sonnen took and they were in the same spot licensing wise.. Other than the fact Sonnen actually is a repeat cheater I guess.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-13-2014 at 12:47 AM.

7. Default

Wandy is drunk again.

I'm sure he'll ask for a fight with Sonnen at UFC 13.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

8. Default

Well, the hearing is scheduled(I believe), the infraction is in the past, so once the commission rules, I guess we go from there. Id love to see him fight towards the end of the year, but if I gotta wait a little longer, so be it.

Vitor got a pass, Chael got the book thrown at him.... Its anyone's guess how this is going to play out really.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    You criticizing Wandy, who has never been caught cheating for being a cheater, yet you support Jon Jones. Last time I checked Wandy was never disqualified from a fight for cheating.
    Yeah, it's funny how some people criticize cheaters, but at the same time support even bigger cheaters.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Wanderlei Silva disciplinary hearing with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) postponed until further notice
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/21/60...-postponed-mma
    The commissioners (inexplicably) agreed to delay the discussion, according to MMA Junkie, and a new date will be revealed pending their decision.

"I had already scheduled a tour in Canada," Silva told MMA Fighting. "They told me (about the meeting) after I scheduled my commitments here, but my lawyer will be there and he will clarify everything."

Thread Information