Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier postponed till January 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    You think so?

UFC PPV buys usually not strong after few days of New Years.

UFC 108... Jan 2nd 2010, Evans vs Thiago Silva ....300k buys

UFC 125.. Jan 1st 2011, Edgar vs Maynard ... 270k buys

While I think this fight will receive much better publicity, I still don't see either as a PPV draw. People might forget about the fight with their New Years hangover. IMO, the fight doesn't do more than 550k, regardless of when it happens, which isn't a great number as both guys are talented fighters, who are proving they can hype a fight (whether you like that WWE-esque type of thing or not).

i think it easily does 750K after all the drama thats already happened and i wouldnt be surprised if the UFC throws in a primetime or a 24/7 thing with the two as well to build it up that much more. The UFC probably sees this as a blessing, they are seeing $$$$$$ all over the place right now

Really sucks, I was even starting to get a little hype for the fight through all the BS. Asking Johnson to headline another pay per view is going to tank the buys for 178 pretty hard, but what can you do.

They won't be able to maintain the drama or it will get stale. Analysts pointed out that the time gap between now and the original card date was long enough that the gains to PPV wouldn't be as big as they could be. This only extends the time gap and has negative impact on the temporary increased interest due to drama.

A Chael Sonnen might be able to maintain the hype. But it's extremely difficult and unlikely.

EDIT: I'm very bummed by this.

Crash and burn.

I agree... all that fight/scuffle hype is out the window now.

And I for one am not looking forward to the next 5 months of back and forth bullshit through twitter.

Damn I was so looking forward to this fight. I guess good things come to those that wait.

Son of a bitch.

Really disappointed in this news. The card is still really good, I just don't think it's worth the price I paid to attend this event now.

9. Default

Well that blows

It's not like Cormier went into the fight with Hendo with a similar knee injury and was willing to take Jones on with a bum knee.....oh wait.

Thread Information