Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier postponed till January 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    In a recent interview cormier stated that he did a backflip, so his knee is fine. Yet now, he is bringing attention to his injury again. Either you are healthy enough to fighy or not.
    Cormier can do a back flip? I only believe this if it was at a pool. No video and I don't buy this unless specifically at a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    This fucking blows!!! Now we have to wait four and a half months and there is no way the card will be as good as 178 was supposed to be. WIll McGregor vs Porier be the main event now?

As for Gustaffson's complaint,I would say he'd have a case if he did more than win one fight against Jimi Manuwa to earn his title shot.
    UFC's Facebook announcement claimed they were moving the Mighty Mouse fight from UFC 177 to main event 178. I can just smell the pay per view buys.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Cormier can do a back flip? I only believe this if it was at a pool. No video and I don't buy this unless specifically at a pool.
    Touche.

Here are his words:
    Cormier explained that the moment which most cemented his decision to put off surgery came during his recent exhibition wrestling match against two-time NCAA champion Chris Pendleton at July's UFC Fan Expo. Cormier defeated Pendleton by a score of 12-5, however there was a sequence during the match when Pendleton dove in deep on a single. While defending the takedown, Cormier realized that his knee "didn't feel any worse than it has for the past five years."

"[I told my doctor] let me just see how this LCL feels in a month or so and I'll let you know," he said. "And my LCL doesn't hurt anymore, so now my knee just feels like it always has.

"I'm doing everything. I'm wrestling. I was at Jay Glazer's gym the other day, we were training with some NFL players and we started doing back handsprings, and I did a backflip. If I can do a backflip, my knee is fine."
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

omg DC is sooo fake like wow!!

I should have also specified with the assistance of a trampoline. I could see a back flip on a trampoline being maneuvered by that husky fella.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    This fucking blows!!! Now we have to wait four and a half months and there is no way the card will be as good as 178 was supposed to be. WIll McGregor vs Porier be the main event now?

As for Gustaffson's complaint,I would say he'd have a case if he did more than win one fight against Jimi Manuwa to earn his title shot.
    And if Cormier loses all we will hear about is how he would have won with a healthy knee... Fix your injury and come into the fight with the current champ at 100%.

As far as Gus's complaint, many people see the first fight going to Gus (personally I saw it 3-2 Jones but I can see it going either way). I think with as close as the first fight was and the destruction of Manuwa he's earned it. You could make an argument that Cormier hasn't earned his shot either. Beating a new comer to the UFC, then Dan Henderson on the downhill slide of his career doesn't earn a title shot in my opinion.

And yes I know he's was doing well as a heavyweight and decided to drop down. Yes the precedent has been set in the past for ridiculous paths to title shots when switching weight classes. I just think he needed to fight a top 5 opponent before getting his shot is all.
    Last edited by helipoison; 08-13-2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: forgot the last paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    I just think EVERYONE NEEDS to fight a top 5 opponent before getting THEIR shot is all.
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    fixed.
    What about Jones?

Bader was what? Top 6-10 at the time if lucky?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

he pulled out because of a torn meniscus and a sprained ankle? Really?

Fuck this motherfucking shit. To wait until septembre 27 was long enough, now we have to wait until january 3rd?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information