Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier postponed till January 3rd

Just do friggin Cormier vs Johnson for an intern belt, let Jones/Gus 2 happen, and the winners fight. All cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Just do friggin Cormier vs Johnson for an intern belt, let Jones/Gus 2 happen, and the winners fight. All cleared up
    yeah make an interim belt because he will be out a couple a months...and then have the champion not fight the interim champion...

and cat was bader top 5 at the time? i honestly dont remember. All i remember is two undefeated* fighters bader at 12-0 coming off a win against lil nog and then Jones wining that andtaking the fight against shogun a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yeah make an interim belt because he will be out a couple a months...and then have the champion not fight the interim champion...

and cat was bader top 5 at the time? i honestly dont remember. All i remember is two undefeated* fighters bader at 12-0 coming off a win against lil nog and then Jones wining that andtaking the fight against shogun a month later.
    I dont think Jones or Bader were top 5 at the time. I remember they were right next to each other in the rankings like 6 and 7 or something. They were both highly touted prospects. The only reason Jones got a title shot was because of the short notice and he took very little damage against Bader.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Ok, I'm not reading any of the other posts here because I know that this is just going to be silly. Anyway, here's how I feel about it:

1. I doubt Jones is really hurt

2. Gus should get a title shot now instead of Cormier as Daniel was a late replacement and now the real #1 contender will be recovered in time to fight for the title.

and 3. Cormier should still have to fight on that card anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    In before the Jones is scared posts.
    Jones is scared of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    In a recent interview cormier stated that he did a backflip, so his knee is fine. Yet now, he is bringing attention to his injury again. Either you are healthy enough to fighy or not.
    LOL. Cormier's like Brock. With his knee at 50% he can do a back flip. Just imagine how he could flip with a healthy knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I just don't get it.
    I KNOW that guys train hard for fights.
    And freak accidents can happen regardless of how careful you are.

But!... If a guy has a TITLE fight coming up... isn't part of the job to make sure you actually make it to the fight?
    By making sure you are training smart?
    This is my thinking on the subject. It'd probably be hugely unpopular, but here's how I think they should handle things:

A champ signs the contract to fight.
    If he can't make the fight, he forfeits and the challenger fights the next available guy in line to determine the new champ.
    Should he straighten things out, the now former champ can get in the back of the line.
    The bottom line IMO is that once you agree to a fight, not showing up for that fight means you forfeit.

The only semi-legitimate complaint about what I just said is that one could imagine that some champs might endanger their careers by fighting when they really aren't healthy enough to do so. I don't personally see that as a big deal because if the challenger is forced to pull out, what I outlined is pretty much what happens to him (aside from the forfeit) so if that complaint is valid, there's probably already lots of people challenging for belts when badly injured.

Interim titles are bullshit. No one thinks of it as an actual title so it serves zero purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Ok, I'm not reading any of the other posts here because I know that this is just going to be silly. Anyway, here's how I feel about it:

boy were you right....

I loved Sonnen's "if I said I was gonna fight, I'll fight" philosophy. It was the best thing about him.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    boy were you right....
    Bones knows how to fake an injury.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post

What are you basing this on?

Jones boned another event.

Thread Information