Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier postponed till January 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I'm surprised that no punishments are being handed out considering Jones assaulted a UFC employee.
    You're surprised that a star athlete isn't being properly disciplined? Let me introduce you to someone...

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Jones assaulted a ufc employee ahahahahha
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 08-19-2014 at 09:33 PM.

9X WORLD CHAMPION

Got a lot of soul searching to do. Sorry to everyone I've let down

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Well, i mean it was at least battery. Do you disagree? I doubt they will do anything about it though, seeing as he makes them some big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    You're surprised that a star athlete isn't being properly disciplined? Let me introduce you to someone...

In all fairness, most jobs dont have a domestic violence (although being caught on camera and going viral probably would end in firing) the real issue is the inconsistencies in suspensions.

pop a molly=for games. smoke weed a few times = 16 games KTFO your fiance=2 games. Ben Roethlisberger got accused of rape but never proven yet gets double the punishment of rice? Goodell is a fucking moron.

For the record, I'm not defending Roethlisberger or saying Josh Gordon isn't an idiot but my point is they can't justify their suspensions at all with out being contradictory and hypocritical.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Well, i mean it was at least battery. Do you disagree? I doubt they will do anything about it though, seeing as he makes them some big bucks.
    If you get injured trying to stop 2 people from fighting, does that classify as batter? That argument would probably not hold up in court.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    If you get injured trying to stop 2 people from fighting, does that classify as batter? That argument would probably not hold up in court.
    The guy didn't grab or move toward Jones, all he did was stand his ground and spread out his arms. If you rewatch the video it is definitely assault and battery. People get charged for much less aggressive pushes than what Jones did. Like I said, I doubt anything will happen to Jones or Comier, and I don't think either should be charged for any crimes, but it is still assault and battery, none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    This has reached just silly levels of bias. Yes, if two people start a brawl in public, you are trapped in the middle of it, and one of them who is both significantly larger and a trained fighter shoves you to the ground, then you have a case for battery. Absolutely. And if Dave was injured in that fall, it'd be a more serious issue.

One of the major issues for me is that Cormier was already being held back and didn't pose a threat to Jones at that point. But Jones chose to go after him and assault an employee in the process.

Sure, it might not be jail-time worthy, but that's something you could press charges over and absolutely something you could sue over.

NOTE- I'm not saying someone should press charges against Bones or DC. But pretending that this isn't an issue is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    The guy didn't grab or move toward Jones, all he did was stand his ground and spread out his arms. If you rewatch the video it is definitely assault and battery. People get charged for much less aggressive pushes than what Jones did. Like I said, I doubt anything will happen to Jones or Comier, and I don't think either should be charged for any crimes, but it is still assault and battery, none the less.
    Jones intentionally assaulted the employee he went out of his way to push him specifically. It was not simply getting caught in the cross fire

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Jones intentionally assaulted the employee he went out of his way to push him specifically. It was not simply getting caught in the cross fire
    lmfao this just keeps getting better and better...

9X WORLD CHAMPION

Got a lot of soul searching to do. Sorry to everyone I've let down

lmfao this just keeps getting better and better...
    Your hero is a criminal. How does that make you feel?

Thread Information