Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Rockhold on prepping Cormier for Bones eye pokes and Vitor's "chicken neck"

1. Default Luke Rockhold on prepping Cormier for Bones eye pokes and Vitor's "chicken neck"

Luke Rockhold on preparing Daniel Cormier for Jon Jones: 'I poke him in the eyes whenever I can'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/12...-i-poke-him-in

Along with Cain Velasquez, Rockhold is one of the primary training parts of Cormier. He's tasked with emulating Jones, and it seems like he has got it down to a T.

"I’m pretty the much the most like Jon Jones he's gonna find. So we’re gonna be putting some hard rounds in together like we always do, and I’m not gonna take it easy on him that’s for sure," he said. "Pretty much when we're walking around the gym, I look to try and poke him in the eyes whenever I can. Keep him on his toes, you know."

Luke Rockhold doubts Belfort will present much of a challenge for Weidman: ‘He’s got a chicken neck now’
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/12...t-ped-mma-news

Luke Rockhold has certainly not been shy to voice his opinion regarding former UFC light-heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort and his PED history.

Most recently, Rockhold went on a tirade about Belfort's apparently smaller physique in a recent interview and insisted that he will not present much of a challenge for middleweight champion Chris Weidman without the benefit of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT).

"He's gonna be a lot different fighter," Rockhold told Submission Radio. "Who knows what he's gonna be like, but I just don't think he's gonna have much for Weidman. He looks old and he looks like he's got a chicken neck now, so I don't know. He looks tiny! I don't know how he's gonna keep the weight on, 'cause he was on UFC on Fox, man the guy looked tiny. He literally looked like a small welterweight."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Prepping Cormier for eyepokes? Lol

Vitor looks so small but I still wouldn't write him off completely. All this criticism may just motivate him much more to prove everyone wrong.

I'm not a Vitor supporter by any means. But he made it to a MW title shot once without TRT, which is more than some of his detractors have done in the UFC.

Looking forward to seeing Vitor in action. How will the recent training, inclusion of kicking game, etc. reflect on his post-TRT fights? Or will he look like he did prior, a guy with fast hands for one round?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Prepping Cormier for eyepokes? Lol

Vitor looks so small but I still wouldn't write him off completely. All this criticism may just motivate him much more to prove everyone wrong.
    Or cheat... Im going with cheat.

I've said it before, I do not think anyone can take a clean Belfort shot and the following barrage once he smells blood.

That his been his careers M.O. and TRT or not that will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Holy Crap!

That before/after looks light a fighter and his little brother who plays soccer.

Oh come, on. He looks the same, the lighting is just different xD
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Oh come, on. He looks the same, the lighting is just different xD
    The lighting and focus distance are different (plus you can't really see anything from below the neck in the left pic) but his face and neck seem far thinner in the right pic. Unless the left pic is walking around weight and the right one is weigh-in weight, I'd say he's lost a pretty good deal of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm not a Vitor supporter by any means. But he made it to a MW title shot once without TRT, which is more than some of his detractors have done in the UFC.

Looking forward to seeing Vitor in action. How will the recent training, inclusion of kicking game, etc. reflect on his post-TRT fights? Or will he look like he did prior, a guy with fast hands for one round?
    He wasn't on the cheesus juice at that point? I thought he was
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information