Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Luke Rockhold on prepping Cormier for Bones eye pokes and Vitor's "chicken neck"

  1. Default

    yes the pic angle and lighting are different but so is his head how much is debatable but smaller after TRT. Now at what stage of training for a fight is unknown and a big deal to judge properly. So geter on and see the out come

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He wasn't on the cheesus juice at that point? I thought he was
    I could be wrong. But I thought he wasn't or at least hadn't admitted it. Anyone else remember?

    Either way, it was before he got that awesome lighting effect...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I could be wrong. But I thought he wasn't or at least hadn't admitted it. Anyone else remember?

    Either way, it was before he got that awesome lighting effect...
    I have those bulbs in every light in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  4. Default

    On the DC eyepokes line, I wonder what would happen if DC approached the commission and asked for permission to wear a protective eyewear, somewhat like what Horace Grant used to wear. Given that Jones has "accidently" poked virtually EVERY opponent he's faced, Daniel could cite concern for his eyesight, and make a very valid case.

    Also, Jones needs to be told this fight before the fight starts that the eye pokes will NOT be tolerated anymore. After this many "accidents", the first one should be a point deduction immediately, and a 2nd offence should be immediate DQ.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Vitor's starting to look like an old man.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    On the DC eyepokes line, I wonder what would happen if DC approached the commission and asked for permission to wear a protective eyewear, somewhat like what Horace Grant used to wear. Given that Jones has "accidently" poked virtually EVERY opponent he's faced, Daniel could cite concern for his eyesight, and make a very valid case.

    Also, Jones needs to be told this fight before the fight starts that the eye pokes will NOT be tolerated anymore. After this many "accidents", the first one should be a point deduction immediately, and a 2nd offence should be immediate DQ.
    If I were Cormier, even if I didn't get permission to wear them in the cage, I'd at least wear them during the walkout. It'd really piss Jones off and probably remind the ref to keep a close watch. I worry about the refs if they start calling the pokes, though. What if they start getting accidentally poked in the eye if they take points?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam12six View Post
    If I were Cormier, even if I didn't get permission to wear them in the cage, I'd at least wear them during the walkout. It'd really piss Jones off and probably remind the ref to keep a close watch. I worry about the refs if they start calling the pokes, though. What if they start getting accidentally poked in the eye if they take points?
    .
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Why aren't refs fined/suspended/reprimanded by athletic comissions for allowing/missing infractions: eye pokes, allowing an unconscious fighter to take more blows, cage grabbing, etc?

  9. Default

    The more the ref's get involved the more chance they control the outcome of a fight. One would hope by reminding the fighter only leaves a better chance of the fighter controlling the outcome instead of the ref. There is a point were the ref has to step in though

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    .
    Haha!

    Now that's how you troll on the internet without looking like a 10 year old with anger issues...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •