Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Rockhold on prepping Cormier for Bones eye pokes and Vitor's "chicken neck"

1. Default

yes the pic angle and lighting are different but so is his head how much is debatable but smaller after TRT. Now at what stage of training for a fight is unknown and a big deal to judge properly. So geter on and see the out come

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He wasn't on the cheesus juice at that point? I thought he was
    I could be wrong. But I thought he wasn't or at least hadn't admitted it. Anyone else remember?

Either way, it was before he got that awesome lighting effect...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I could be wrong. But I thought he wasn't or at least hadn't admitted it. Anyone else remember?

Either way, it was before he got that awesome lighting effect...
    I have those bulbs in every light in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

4. Default

On the DC eyepokes line, I wonder what would happen if DC approached the commission and asked for permission to wear a protective eyewear, somewhat like what Horace Grant used to wear. Given that Jones has "accidently" poked virtually EVERY opponent he's faced, Daniel could cite concern for his eyesight, and make a very valid case.

Also, Jones needs to be told this fight before the fight starts that the eye pokes will NOT be tolerated anymore. After this many "accidents", the first one should be a point deduction immediately, and a 2nd offence should be immediate DQ.

Vitor's starting to look like an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    On the DC eyepokes line, I wonder what would happen if DC approached the commission and asked for permission to wear a protective eyewear, somewhat like what Horace Grant used to wear. Given that Jones has "accidently" poked virtually EVERY opponent he's faced, Daniel could cite concern for his eyesight, and make a very valid case.

Also, Jones needs to be told this fight before the fight starts that the eye pokes will NOT be tolerated anymore. After this many "accidents", the first one should be a point deduction immediately, and a 2nd offence should be immediate DQ.
    If I were Cormier, even if I didn't get permission to wear them in the cage, I'd at least wear them during the walkout. It'd really piss Jones off and probably remind the ref to keep a close watch. I worry about the refs if they start calling the pokes, though. What if they start getting accidentally poked in the eye if they take points?

Quote Originally Posted by sam12six View Post
    If I were Cormier, even if I didn't get permission to wear them in the cage, I'd at least wear them during the walkout. It'd really piss Jones off and probably remind the ref to keep a close watch. I worry about the refs if they start calling the pokes, though. What if they start getting accidentally poked in the eye if they take points?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Why aren't refs fined/suspended/reprimanded by athletic comissions for allowing/missing infractions: eye pokes, allowing an unconscious fighter to take more blows, cage grabbing, etc?

9. Default

The more the ref's get involved the more chance they control the outcome of a fight. One would hope by reminding the fighter only leaves a better chance of the fighter controlling the outcome instead of the ref. There is a point were the ref has to step in though

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Haha!

Now that's how you troll on the internet without looking like a 10 year old with anger issues...

Thread Information