Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort: 'Chris Weidman would be crazy to stand with me'

Default Vitor Belfort: 'Chris Weidman would be crazy to stand with me'

Lyoto Machida may think that UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman can successfully stand and strike with challenger Vitor Belfort but "The Phenom" himself believes he'll have the clear advantage there when they fight at UFC 181. "He will fight standing against me only if he's crazy," Belfort said in a recent interview.

Belfort, who once won a UFC heavyweight tournament and then, later, won the UFC light heavyweight title from Randy Couture after a glove-edge from a missed punch sliced an eye lid of "The Natural," believes that he'll be considered a true three-division champion should he beat Weidman. And, while many fighters often say they simply concentrate on themselves during training camps, Belfort says he's training to specifically exploit perceived weaknesses in the champ.

"I'm ready to have a third world title at a third different weight class," Belfort said.

"I see a lot of openings from him and I'm studying this game since last year. I'm not focusing in his strengths but in his weaknesses and we saw that he has a lot."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...180346469.html

I think all the TRT has finally rotted his common sense. This fight ends faster than vitor taking a front kick up main st in the chicklets.

Poor Vitor a mind is a terrible thing to waste, and he is envyous of those who had one to begin with.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

What weakness does ViTRTor see?
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

4. Default

Why would he tell us the truth only thing what he does say is to lead the other guy to something else

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    What weakness does ViTRTor see?
    Couldnt tell you...

God I hope Weidman dumps this guy on his ass and pounds the nonsense out of him... and then I want to see Vitor vs. Machida so I can see Machida KTFO of him. That would literally be the first fight Ive ever rooted for Machida.
    Last edited by 0mega1; 08-13-2014 at 10:29 PM.

I'd like to see Rockhold get his revenge.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Ha I am scared to see the reaction on this board if Vitor somehow manages to beat Weidman. Shit will hit the fan!

What would get a crazier reaction? Vitor to beat Weidman or DC to beat Jones?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Ha I am scared to see the reaction on this board if Vitor somehow manages to beat Weidman. Shit will hit the fan!

Neither will happen..
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

Vitor over Weidman for sure.

Vitor will get the most reaction because most on this board actually consider DC competition to Jones while Vitor is still blown off.

I will say again that there are not many people within MMA that can withstand a clean Vitor shot and the following barrage. Vitor only has 1 round or 2 tops to connect on a guy like Weidman but at the end of the day that reality is there. TRT or not the guy is still who he is and if he comes in focused Vitor can win...will he win likely not but it is a possibility.

I give Vitor a 20% chance in this fight to win it, no more.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information