Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Johnson wants to fight Ryan Bader in October and Alexander Gustafsson in Janu

Default Anthony Johnson wants to fight Ryan Bader in October and Alexander Gustafsson in Janu

Anthony Johnson wants to fight Ryan Bader in October and Alexander Gustafsson in January
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/19/60...on-january-mma
    And it starts with Ryan Bader in October.

"Hopefully I'll be able to fight in late October or something like that if there are any fights open. I was hoping I could fight Ryan Bader in late October and fight [Gustafsson] on the Jon Jones card. That's my idea. People finally want me to start calling people out, you know what I mean? I never did that before. But I've always wanted to fight Ryan Bader because I've always thought he was a tough fighter."

Bader is fresh off a unanimous decision win over Ovince St. Preux at the UFC Fight Night 47 event last weekend (Aug. 16, 2014) in Bangor, Maine (results). "Darth" didn't appear to sustain much damage during his 25-minute attack and could be ready to go by October, should he choose to get back into the swing of things that quickly.

And if "Rumble" wins, he's expecting UFC President Dana White to keep his word and force Gustafsson back into action prior to getting a 205-pound title shot. That would be a risky move for "The Mauler," but another victory would undoubtedly solidify his place in line.

Said Johnson:

"[Gustafsson] will be a good fight. Gus is taller than me, but I think we have the same amount of length of reach. So it'll be interesting. Gus likes to move a lot and I like to stalk people and see what they have to offer. It will be a hell of fight. I definitely want to give the fans what they want to see."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Go get it Anthony Johnson.

Rumble. I like
    LJS-NEMS

Going for the gold! I'm down with Rumble vs Bader for October, hopefully Ryan will be on board to fight again that quickly.

I am drooling at the potential AJ vs Alex Gustafsson fight, but it just sucks because one of them has to lose and I want to see both of them get their respective match and rematch with Jon Jones. I guess a Rumble loss to Gus wouldnt be a huge set back and a couple fights could get him right back in there same with a Gus loss.

I used to be a huge detractor and hater of his, with his past transgressions in the lower weight classes and all his mishaps, to a newly become fan as I watched him mature and grow. I believe Rumble is in a good place both mentally and physically as well as has a great coaching staff behind him. He has huge potential at this point, I just hope it all works out and comes to fruition for him, he seems to be taking his success in stride and not letting it get him in over his head before he is ready. I like how he hasnt really called anyone out and is just taking what they offer him, I believe this was the right step and no other fighters are currently available, but him vs Teixiera would of been a much better barometer to see where he really stands in the division. No matter though, he is on his way and we shall find out soon enough.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Well at least he's pacing himself. He would take Bader, but I'm still unsure of his chances against Gus.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

If he won those two fights, no one could question him as the number one contender. Would love to see both or either one of these fights happen.

Cool. It makes sense. He hasn't earned a fight with Gus yet but I think he will after he gets through Bader.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I miss the threads of AJ gorging on McDicks.

SO basically RUmble takes a step down in competition each time he wins?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    SO basically RUmble takes a step down in competition each time he wins?
    That's not entirely true, it's not his fault nobody else is available. Bader is an alright opponent for him with Teixiera and everybody else relevant to where he sits in the division on the shelf and already booked for a fight. Bader will be a decent test to Rumble's wrestling and takedown defense anyhow. I think this fight has a little more risk than reward to where he sits at currently, but I'd rather him stay active and get another fight before eyeballing Gustafsson in January.

I do not know why the UFC went with the matches they did regarding Glover and Rumble but all he has to do is keep performing and he'll reap the benefits of knocking off the opponents they keep lining up in front of him.

Rumble vs Bader will be decent, much better than Bader vs OSP that's for damn sure.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information