Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Junior Dos Santos: "Fabricio Werdum has 'good chance' to win belt"

Default Junior Dos Santos: "Fabricio Werdum has 'good chance' to win belt"

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos has fought current champ Cain Velasquez three times and, in his expert opinion, he believes that fellow Brazilian Fabricio Werdum has a good chance at dethroning Velasquez when they fight in November. "As a Brazilian, I will root for Werdum to bring the UFC title back to Brazil, but he has a difficult task ahead of him," JDS recently told Guilherme Cruz.
    "Velasquez is an impressive fighter with a great cardio, but I know Werdum is training really hard for that. He stands a chance, yes. If he fights like he did the last time [against Travis Browne], he has a good chance at winning."
    Werdum has won four straight fights to earn a crack at Velasquez. The two will meet in Mexico City on November 15 in the main event of UFC 180.
    Velasquez has not competed since beating Dos Santos in Oct. 2013, as he's been out with shoulder injuries. Dos Santos says that Werdum should expect a top-form Velasquez despite the lay-off.
    "I think [the champion's lay-off] might help Werdum," Dos Santos said.
    "But it doesn’t happen very often these days because the level of training in the gym is so high now, so you can get ready for a fight even if you haven’t fought in a while. I think it won’t be an issue for Velasquez, but can be good for Werdum."
    For his part, Dos Santos has also not fought since his last loss to Velasquez in 2013. The defeat was Dos Santos' second brutal loss to Velasquez in less than a year.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...173251437.html

I dont know... I think Cain is going to destroy him.

I actually think this will be a pretty spectacular fight, I'm pretty stoked to see it honestly. I dont think it will be one-sided either, I think this may be a long back and forth close fought war and easily FOTN. Hope I'm not wrong, I think Cain takes it but I'm pretty positive Werdum gives him a run for his money.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I think Werdum will be Cain's toughest test.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

My initial jerk reaction is Cain is going to destroy him. Although I guess it depends on Werdums gameplan and how well he is able to stick to it and execute it. I was impressed with his Browne fight. However Browne isn't Cain. Im still siding with destruction Rd2.

Cain is gonna maul Werdum, he just needs to be careful jumping on him if/when he drops him.

I think that when Cain pressures (as he does), Werdum will back straight up (as he does). I can't see this being a competitive back and forth, but there's absolutely the chance of a flash submission. That's the part that makes me most intrigued.

Hopefully his gameplan isn't like in the Overeem fight.

As a result of the Fedor fight, I will never count Werdum out of any fight ever again.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Well, Cain is wrestling based, and luckily for Werdum, he's got a pretty amazing ground game to help contend with Cains wrestling (should it go to the ground).
    With that being said, Cain takes this via tko 2nd rd.

Thread Information