Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephan Bonnar signs with Bellator MMA

Default Stephan Bonnar signs with Bellator MMA

Stephan Bonnar's fighting career isn't over just yet.

In a somewhat surprising move, Bonnar, a UFC Hall of Famer, has signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator MMA, according to promotion officials. Bonnar's Bellator debut has not been finalized just yet, however, a grudge match against Tito Ortiz has been discussed. Brian McMahon tweeted last week that Bonnar vs. Ortiz was set.

"I want everyone to know I'm coming out of retirement because it's time to free the MMA world of the virus that's known as Tito Ortiz," Bonnar said in a statement provided by Bellator. "We've been suffering through his boring fights for too many years, and it's about time that someone beats it out of him once and for all."

In addition to a fighting contract, sources close to the promotion told MMAFighting.com that there is also a chance Bonnar could do some broadcasting work for Bellator on Spike TV.
    Source: MMAFighting.com

Wait, what?

May as well go there. He'll never be a champion or even gatekeeper in UFC. And didn't they axe his commentating gig as well after he popped for PED's after the Anderson Silva fight?

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Stephan Bonnar vs Tito, anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Dude's a cheater and a horrible commentator. Annoying if you ask me.

... I'm gonna go against the the majority... oh... on second thoughts... who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Stephan Bonnar vs Tito, anybody?
    Meh

7. Default

Two past there prime needing money is what I see

Words like desperate, pathetic, weak and lame instantly came to mind when I heard about this, I think this looks really bad on Bellator(bringing back ANOTHER past their prime UFC name and multi-time PED failure) and after he pissed hot in the Anderson fight, I lost any respect I ever might have had for Bonnar and really didn't care to see him fight ever again. They cut a guy like Veigh, who while not rating dynamite, could probably beat both Tito and Bonnar at this point, it really cripples any semblance of credibility....that said, this really shouldn't be surprising. This falls in line with Coker's deal of promoting style over logic, working more of that JMMA style of matchmaking where you book names for the old carny/carnival barker routine to "draw em in". I'm waiting for some of those old Strikeforce guys to start showing up, wonder how long until Babalu comes out of retirement next?

They're gunning for Tito/Bonnar and they're trying to sell it, believe it or not, on some comments Tito made after Bonnar got into the UFC HOF, stating to the effect that it should be exclusively for elite-level champions and Bonnar didn't deserve it.

Bonnar fucked himself up so royally when he pissed hot the second time after the Anderson fight given that whole "job for life" deal he seemingly had locked up, and when you watch that revolving door of commentators that have filled Chael's chair after he was let go for failing all those tests(and he's a tremendous talker, unlike Bonnar), it's kinda telling that ZUFFA and FOX don't want to fill chairs with guys who have poor PED records, so he's got nowhere else to go really.

Bonnar might be 'washed up' at this point but good score by Bellator.

Bonnar and Griffin's TUF fight will always get play the UFC and will always be talked about... Smart move marketing wise by Bellator.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Seriously Bellator has no one to sign so they keep signing fighters that have been past prime for the past 6-7 years?

Bonnar vs Tito? Who cares? It is not 2006 anymore!

As for Bonnar saying "I want everyone to know I'm coming out of retirement because it's time to free the MMA world of the virus that's known as Tito Ortiz, We've been suffering through his boring fights for too many years, and it's about time that someone beats it out of him once and for all", even in the Smackdown vs RAW games there were better lines than that one.
    Absolutely senseless, unoriginal, no funny comment at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information