Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Soto replaces Renan Barao, will fight T.J. Dillashaw in UFC 177 main event

Default Joe Soto replaces Renan Barao, will fight T.J. Dillashaw in UFC 177 main event

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/29...haw-in-ufc-177
    Former bantamweight champion Renan Barao, who was scheduled to face off against UFC 135-pound champion in the main event of Saturday’s card in Sacramento, Calif., was forced out of the bout after complications during his weight cut.
    Joe Soto (15-2), who was set to take on Anthony Birchak on the preliminary portion of the card, will now take on Dillashaw for the bantamweight title. Combate and ESPN reported the news.
    http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...o-ufc-177.html

Google Translation:
    Renan Barão is out of the fight against TJ Dillashaw at UFC 177 The Brazilian fell ill during the afternoon in Sacramento and was taken to a hospital in the city for reviews. After being treated, the Brazilian fighter returned to the hotel where you are staying, but can not afford to fight for the belt-weights cocks UFC. Baron was in the process of weight loss in the bathtub of his hotel room in Sacramento and to stand up, felt dizzy. The fighter momentarily lost consciousness and fell, hitting his head. He was taken by ambulance and received saline into the vein - normal procedure in cases like this - and from this time would not be able to achieve the weight to fight for the belt. The head injury was an aggravation of their condition, also preventing the RN could act.

Holy shit this card is bad!

Less than a month ago, Soto fought in Tachi Palace. Now his debut fight is for the title.

War Soto. I wanna see him win for the fuck of it.

Woooow If the UFC had at least a little bit of respect for the fans, they would immediately make this a free card.
    Seriously who is going to pay 60 bucks for a card like this??
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Can't blame the UFC for Barao passing out and knocking his head before weight ins... At least they found a replacement...
    Tough luck for Barao...
    But yeah... it should be at least on fight pass and not PPV..

I don't know if anyone's been watching the Ufc Embedded clips on youtube but i'd been thinking Barao didn't look too good. He didn't seem confident to me at all. But yeah it should be free now

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Woooow If the UFC had at least a little bit of respect for the fans, they would immediately make this a free card.
    Seriously who is going to pay 60 bucks for a card like this??
    If The UFC had any respect for TJ, they would have scrapped the title fight, make it a free event, and allow TJ a better opportunity to earn PpV points. Goes to show you the UFC don't care about the earnings of the lower weight class guys.

This card might be exciting, even without the star power but it will do bad gate and ppv numbers.

But as always, DW gonna blame us fans for not shelling out $60 for a fight card that lacks star power.

Wow. Fuck this!!!!!

This is insane, I take ONE FUCKING NAP and wake up to see this.

This card looks SO weird now, first Cejudo gets pulled today and going back a while, the Odoms/Magomedov and Edwards/Medeiros also got dropped off the card, with only Medeiros getting another opponent. Eight fights on a card is pretty thin and talent-wise....yeeesh.

Yep, worst card in a long time.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information