Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joe Soto replaces Renan Barao, will fight T.J. Dillashaw in UFC 177 main event

This is exactly what the UFC deserves for repeatedly trying to sell us a shitty ppv product. They were able to throw Jones under the bus the first time this happened. They need to get with it. Maybe Dana needs to be fired. They have a free card next weekend that could lose two fights and be much better than this.

If they want to stack everything on free cards they should just abandon ppv. Or at least scale it back to six cards a year. The current business model clearly doesn't work.

I wouldn't bother streaming this card. Much less pay $60 for it.

On a side note I can't wait to see the buy rates for this one. I bet the Bellator ppv kills this one. I just feel bad for the people that didn't hear the news and ordered it. One of my coworkers at work that is a big fan of MMA and follows the sport a lot was excited for the fight and still hadn't heard the news this morning.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 08-31-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

im willing to bet dana has added incentives to fighter for performing exciting fights. he would pretty much have to so he wouldn't get the bombarded at the post presser after a lack luster card

^^ agree not even interested in streaming this card even before Barao pulled out.

4. Default

Dana White responds to fans saying UFC 177 should be free: 'Go to the movies tonight, I don't care'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/30...free-go-to-the

Dana White is none too happy with MMA fans who are criticizing the UFC product.

Today, his anger is aimed at fans who said that UFC 177 should have been moved to "free" status and put on Fox Sports 1 following Renan Barao being forced out of his main event title rematch against T.J. Dillashaw. The main event now features Dillashaw defending against promotional newcomer Joe Soto.

When asked about that line of thinking by "Showdown Joe" for Sportsnet, White replied
    "Tell them to go to the movies tonight. I don't care." He would expand on this by suggesting that the problem is that people are never happy, "It's funny these guys saying 'make it a free show', how do you want these guys to get paid? The champ is still fighting. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. These people were bitching when Barao was still fighting. Some people are just never happy. I don't care."
    LarryAlec@laralec @TripleH RT @pboat96: @danawhite if u think we're going to pay for the trash u keep on putting (cont) http://tl.gd/nfv4k2

Dana White ✔ @danawhite
    Follow

@laralec STFU dork, who asked u to buy it? Did I ask u to buy tonight's card? U don't want to watch fights tonight then rent The Notebook
    7:10 PM - 30 Aug 2014
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

As a die hard fight fan I would rather go to the movies tonight.

Dana needs to be fired and their structure needs to change.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Wonder what the butyrate looked like after dfw essentially talked down to fans and journalists for calling him on his bullshit.

That is true.

However, as I said, the matchups did not represent what I would consider the UFC's best effort as far as compelling fans.

Great matchups are absolutely crucial but you can get those on regional cards for free.

I wonder if the opinions from dfw and you were equally supportive of bellator 106 or 120 which were actually better cards IMO.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 08-31-2014 at 08:40 PM.

9. Default

A title fight can be a PPV but Soto didn't earn a title fight, but understand it was to late to change that to free. Also understand not wanting to cancel it too, but he should let someone else speak for the UFC would be better off for them

Thread Information