Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Renan Barao Rushed To Hospital After Weight-Cutting Accident

Default UPDATE: Renan Barao Rushed To Hospital After Weight-Cutting Accident

From the MMANews.com main page -- Renan Barao rushed to hospital after accident while cutting weight for UFC 177 main event against TJ Dillashaw

Read here: Update: Renan Barao Rushed To Hospital After Weight-Cutting Accident

Wow things are getting pretty cray here. The UFC has been having horrible luck with ppvs lately.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The article said tj had to be talked into the bout. I would have to be talked into it as well. One day notice change of fight for the title. UFC better take care of tj for this.

Hmmm... Dana seems to think otherwise, when it comes to him accepting the fight.

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-177-dan...n-event-change

I hope TJ gets taken care of for agreeing to fight on 24 hour notice. Though I'd like Soto to win for chaotic purposes, TJ deserves a hefty check for going through with the fight.

6. Default

Dana White: Renan Barao will not receive a title shot upon his return
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/29...e-shot-ufc-177

Ariel Helwani ✔ @arielhelwani
    Follow
    Dana just said to the media that Barao will not get a title shot upon returning.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Dana White: Renan Barao will not receive a title shot upon his return
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/29...e-shot-ufc-177
    Not surprised actually. He cuts a shit load of weight to get there. Lost his title in his last fight, and now can't make weight for the rematch. Add on the fact that the UFC had a weak card, and the main event changes (because of missed weight & potential head "injury"), it's not surprising that they demand he fights 2-3 more times (at least) before giving him a rematch now. Clearly they are going to take it all out on him.

Seems like he had a stressful weight cut and his brain finally gave out. I was looking forward to the rematch, TJ better get compensated for his good will.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The UFC has been having horrible luck with ppvs lately.
    It is not bad luck.
    It is that they continue making their stupid strategy of just making the main event as the only interesting fight in the card.
    When one of the fighters of the main event gets injured, then they are in some deep shit because there is no other fight worthy of being the main event.

So they replace the injured fighter with someone who makes no sense at all, or they cancel the whole event.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I hate this headline. A weight cutting accident?!? A weight cutting accident is puncturing your larynx when you're forcing yourself to puke. This was a guy falling down in the tub.

I'm not saying the physical stress of cutting weight wasn't the cause of the fall. I'm just saying I hate this headline.

Thread Information