44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franklin

12 27.27%
  • Jackson

32 72.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich "Ace" Franklin vs. Quiton "Rampage" Jackson

Default Rich "Ace" Franklin vs. Quiton "Rampage" Jackson

I would not mind seeing this fight. If Jackson wins the title and Franklin is unable to win the MW title and moves back up to 205 this could happen. I think they match up pretty well -

Striking - Even
    Wrestling - Jackson (barely)
    Submission - Franklin
    Chin - Jackson
    Cardio - Franklin
    Strength - Even

I think it would come down to how well Franklin's chin could hold up in the fight and if he could get Jackson into the "championship" rounds, ammusing it was a title fight. I say Jackson would win though via Split Dec.

Your thoughts?
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Theres no way Franklin is as strong as Rampage

Cardio should be even

Wrestling is barely?

Either way, Jackson wins by KO his boxing is a lot cleaner, and hes too powerful for Franklins chin
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

franklins striking is very clean and he has decent strike defense...
    rampages striking is very clean and powerful and he has great strike defense. almost even with rampage having the edge in strike defense.

rampage has better wrestlering, franklin has better subbs..

rampage has a better chin and franklin has better cardio imo...

i got rampage by tko round 3

WHat's wrong with Franklins chin?

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    Striking - Even
    Wrestling - Jackson (barely)
    Submission - Franklin
    Chin - Jackson
    Cardio - Franklin
    Strength - Even

Your thoughts?
    Rampage is a better striker then Franklin, although Rich can hold his own in that department.

Rampage has a serious advantage in the wrestling. He out wrestled Matt Lindland, and is freakishly strong. Rich may be a very strong guy, but I don't think he has the same explosive power that Jackson has.

Rampage via GnP stoppage.

as much as i want to say franklin i can not, rampage is just to f'n strong, striking both are good at but rampage more power, wrestling goes to rampage, ground i might have to say franklin, cardio probally have to say franklin too but franklin is better fit at mw, he would have trouble with rampage picking him up and slaming him down, be a good fight tho, i think it would end in the 3rd by rampage tko

Quote Originally Posted by Krellek
    WHat's wrong with Franklins chin?
    You ever watch any of his fights?

Jackson would destroy Franklin.Rampage would use his strength and manhandle Rich.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

jackson via slam.

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

wow jackson barly a better wrestler? ROFL, they r both some of the strongest in their devisions bu jackson is definetly stronger while franklin is more cut and defined. striking in my mind id have to give it to jackson, but i guess u might be able get a argument that they r even. jackson by ko, gnp, or slam. it is possible for franklin to sub him but not with a triangle thats for sure.

im tired of the bs rampage outwrestling linland, he outpowered him. linland is a better techincally wrestler, but rampage has the strenght, that when added with good wrestling can be great for mma.

Thread Information