+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Bravo vs. Rickson Gracie in bjj match

Default Eddie Bravo vs. Rickson Gracie in bjj match

i know a lot of people say that rickson is best bjj of all time, but i keep hearing about how Eddie Bravo is one of the best bjj practiciones on earth and has developed and added some of his own techniques to his bjj game.

Gi or no gi?

Eddie Bravo is a prick and his biggest/only fan is joe rogan (also known to be his lover)
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Actually, the only people I've seen who don't have respect for EB are stubborn gi bjj practitioners.

now, i would say Rickson

but at the time Eddie beat Royler, i would go with Eddie
    why? because that was right about when Eddie invented rubber guard, nobody knew what he was doing, and they kept getting caught. thats why Royler got caught in the triangle when they competed against one another, he had no fuckin' clue what Bravo was doing, and got triangled trying to pull out of rubber guard

and bashing Bravo is fuckin' stupid. he is an innovator, invented a whole new facet to BJJ
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Rickson gracie.

ya he is crazy, invents totally new add ons that r great and can even catch a seasoned bjj guy off gaurd, he has mastered all of bjj and added his own styles to it, but rickson has more then fully mastered bjj, im sure the gracies have some secrets up there sleves, it would be weird if they just decided to teach every one how to master bjj only to get it used on them. i wonder if deep in the secrets of the gracies lies new techniques and moves.

Rickson by what???..... Nope you guessed wrong..... Rickson by a choke because he certainly has a plethora of them.

penn vs. sylvia would be a sweet fight, bj would have a very hard time getting the guy who weights more the 100 pounds more then he does natually and is a foot taller, but once on the ground, id love to see bj tapp big tim.

With things like skill being equal, and Eddie Bravo is certainly one of the greatest BJJ practitioners of the past 5-10 years due to his innovation and work with no gi BJJ...Rickson is just on another world talent-wise. I don't think he'd let Eddie put him in his vaunted rubber guard. Not only that, but Rickson would have a considerable size advantage, and as Jim Brown said during any of the early UFCs, with all skill being equal, the bigger guy beats the smaller guy nearly all the time. No exception, Rickson would just impose his will on the smaller Bravo and probably choke him out.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information