Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Oscars name not among the greats?

Default Why is Oscars name not among the greats?

Oscar has beaten some great, great boxers

hes been one of the biggest names in boxing for a long, long time

now im not an oscar fan so I dont give two shits about where he ranks among the best

but I always found it odd knowing his track record, and who hes beaten that he is nothing more then an honorable mention

Discuss.
    Last edited by Afro; 03-12-2007 at 02:32 AM.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

did you see iton a website or somthing, but i concider him one of the greatest boxers, he has beaten the best fought the best, and has been a huge draw so if that doesnt make you one of the greatest of all time then i dont know what does

ESPN Top 22 Best Boxers

im sure if I looked up the Best Boxers list I wouldnt see his name either

hell hes missed out on a lot of honorable mentions too
    Last edited by Afro; 03-12-2007 at 02:32 AM.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Hello Afro Samurai - figure we'd talk about boxing again, . Seriously though:

22 Best Boxers, of every weight class, in all the history of boxing? You'd put him in that list? Keeping in mind ALL weight classes, in ALL the years of boxing? Don't know, but to me it ain't a tough call. He doesn't belong in that list. He definitly would if it were his weight class alone, but all the weight classes in the history of boxing; I can't put 'em there.

Why? Well, through NO fault of Oscars, there's just been so many greats. It speaks to the greatness that is boxing, more than it does how great a champion Oscars' been. And I like boxing, and I consider him to be one of the greatest ever - But not top 22 greatest, sorry, hah.

He's promoted himself great in the past, and present, and future (?). He's been a huge fuckin' star for a long time, probably moreso than a lot of the guys on that twenty two greatest boxers list. What can you/I say? He's charming as fucking hell, he's got the fanbase, and the skill - I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

Sorry Oscar, but again - In all the weight classes in all the history of boxing? Definitly not in my top 22 (and that's NOT an insult, believe me).

I wouldnt put him in that list, no sir im just saying the way hes talked about.. the guys hes beaten, the publicity you would think he'd make some sort of list but no.. I could think of 25 better then Oscar.

Hell I can think of someone who isnt Top 25 that is better then Oscara and will prove it May 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I wouldnt put him in that list, no sir im just saying the way hes talked about.. the guys hes beaten, the publicity you would think he'd make some sort of list but no.. I could think of 25 better then Oscar.

Hell I can think of someone who isnt Top 25 that is better then Oscara and will prove it May 7th.
    Uhhh, no he wont lol

Anywayz, is this the list you got it from? http://ezinearticles.com/?TOP-TEN-Po...-Ever&id=25070

I really don;t like what they said about Roy because "they must have forgot" how he cleaned out divisions and beat JT and BHop easily but they did give him a very high spot so thats good.

I got it from a ton of lists and ESPN

but I like that rankings cuz they are spot on about Rocky Marciano

As impressive as Oscar's been in his career, and as big a fan as I am of his to begin with, Oscar does have a hard time cracking a top 25, because any of the guys above him have accomplished more and accomplished it in more dominating fashion. If Oscar had gotten the W in the Trinidad fight (which he deserved) and the second Mosley fight (which he also may have deserved), then his case for top 15 status is easy.

Anyway, I have a top 10 P4P list:
    1. Muhammad Ali
    2. Sugar Ray Robinson
    3. Joe Louis
    4. Marvin Hagler
    5. Sugar Ray Leonard
    6. Roberto Duran
    7. Julio Cesar Chavez
    8. Willie Pep
    9. Jack Dempsey
    10. Rocky Marciano

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

can someone give me a link to the lists thanks, i cant wait for may to get here to see pbf get a beating

Glad someone mentioned that Trinidad fight - 'Cause I'm still mad at him for having done what he did in those last rounds. REALLY fucking mad. So much so that, even though I think he won, I'm glad he didn't. That was complete and utter bullshit, and a shame 'cause he could have solidified an even higher rank if he'd just kept at Trinidad. He deserved the W, but he sure as hell didn't go after it.

Thread Information