Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TiTO vs SHAMROCK SUMMARY

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I think if you get hit with 4 or 5 unanswered elbows and are not defending yourself correctly, you will always get the referee stoppage. It's not about beating the crap out of each other at that point, it's about safety.

Ken looked after those 4 elbows that he wasn't able to defend himself. It's easy to jump up after you might have went limp and say you are okay. I think after the first or second one he blanked out for a bit.

It was a good call, but I would have liked to see a beating...Sometimes personal safety is better than entertainment?
    no.... bullshit stoppages perpetuate more dollars. i agree that ken was going to get fucked up i hate ken but i think tito was robbed too

Default what a crock

Herb Dean should be fired. I am a shamrock fan. With the position he was in eventually he probably would have lost. Not like that. That looked like some rigged boxing match. Lets not make this a trend. Herb Dean you screwed the pooch on that one. I hope you dont get another chance.

So you are admiting to wanting to see a beating rather than stopping in the first 2 min's?

I don't disagree, but Tito dominated that first round and why wouldn't he have called it if you get hit with 4 or 5 elbow's (supposively going limp) and not defending yourself?

Like I said, it's not about entertainment at that point, it's about keeping the UFC under "safe" terms for resale. You'll see your #3 bout soon enough. Are you just upset you didn't get to see more of a beating?

terrible PPV event.

UFC is turning out to be one of the worst fighting organizations. Fighters such as Karo Parisyan, Matt Hughes, Kenny Florian, Chuck Liddell are the only making UFC entertaining. After tonights fight, i was very dissapointed at Arlovski's performance. Couture retired so i cant mention him.

I cant keep stressing how terrible all the fights were. The blood was great and all, but the fights themselves were awful. I was hoping the Ortiz vs Shamrock fight to at least go 2 rounds with a KO from either fighter. I hate both of them so i dont mind who wins.

Once again, that Arlovski fight was the biggest bullshit. Arlovski should have done a small judo take down...why didn't he just do that and submit Sylvia. Arlovski has trained in Sambo, that should be enough for him to do excellent on ground. After tonights match, Sylvia deserved it, even though he didn't prove anything, except that he's a huge and has long arms.

I will completely agree with that one. Arlovski totally looked out of his gameplan and both fighters seemed to respect each other too much to sink in that devistating knock out power they both have.

Sylvia playing it safe...why not? You have the belt make Arlovski earn it and look for that sweet punch like he was, but Arlovski...come on man, make the move forward and don't be scared to catch your chin on a few punches. I understand playing it safe and hoping to win the decision up to the 5 round, but after that Arlovski should have been swinging for the fences. And I have no idea why he didn't keep sweeping the leg or go for a takedown??

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock23
    Herb Dean should be fired. I am a shamrock fan. With the position he was in eventually he probably would have lost. Not like that. That looked like some rigged boxing match. Lets not make this a trend. Herb Dean you screwed the pooch on that one. I hope you dont get another chance.
    i hate shamrock and am glad tito won but....
    YES HERB DEAN SHOULD BE FIRED!

If only Ken was in his prime ten years ago, then we would see who is better.

If only...if only...

You could say that about almost every single fight who is past due. You cannot judge the past from the present. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The problem for Ken is, even though he is a better stand up striker, and submission man, his ground game defensively is only good at protecting from submissions, not ground and pound. Which is what Tito does best. Lots of heavy elbows punches, and slam takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry-Jon Jinn
    The problem for Ken is, even though he is a better stand up striker, and submission man, his ground game defensively is only good at protecting from submissions, not ground and pound. Which is what Tito does best. Lots of heavy elbows punches, and slam takedowns.
    Good post, I agree.

Thread Information