Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TiTO vs SHAMROCK SUMMARY

And why are they hyping Lidell VS Silva, when i think Lidell will loose to Sobral. Then what happens, is it Sobral VS Silva? I would be ticked if i was Sobral, because they think he is just a stepping stone. The guy is a total badass, and a submission master. I could care less who wins, but why are they overlooking him?

I thought Tito/Ken stoppage was good, even though I agree fight itself was disapointing. I just d/l and replayed it few times, Ken just couldn't defend himself anymore. Don't blame the judge, blame UFC for organising a rematch when fight fight was a shut-out.

Quote Originally Posted by sgthorse
    dont you think it was a little premature?
    that's what she said.

Seriously look at the 1st fight Shamrock can take some punishment.You know that Herb was told to stop it early b/c Dana has nothing to gain by having Shamrock win.Tito probably knew about it too.That's probably the only reason he accepted the fight.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by manntis818
    i do agree i think tito wanted to pound on him more i think it was a good stopping by the ref... because ken would of eat more elbows i would of loved to see tito pound on him more but the ref just knew ken wasnt going to do shit..........
    a couple of elbows isn't enough to stop the fight.Herb should have at least gave the HOF a chance to defend himself.Big John always gives the fighters a verbal warning b4 he stops the fight.Dana probably had the whole thing set up.That's why he had the Silva announcement right after word b/c he knew everyone would be pissed.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Here's the bottom line....If the fight would have continued if there was no stoppage here's what would have happend,Ken would have suffered a severe career- ending injury,or the match would have really sucked cause it would have been a squash anyway,Tito would have destroyed him for 3 rounds and also would have severely injured Ken as well.In my opinion Her Dean conducted an excellent stoppage cause Ken COULD not and DID not defend himself intelligently,He's washed up and should consider retiring.There is no argument Tito is a superior fighter and a whole better person than Ken will ever be......

Quote Originally Posted by BLSDisciple666
    Here's the bottom line....If the fight would have continued if there was no stoppage here's what would have happend,Ken would have suffered a severe career- ending injury,or the match would have really sucked cause it would have been a squash anyway,Tito would have destroyed him for 3 rounds and also would have severely injured Ken as well.In my opinion Her Dean conducted an excellent stoppage cause Ken COULD not and DID not defend himself intelligently,He's washed up and should consider retiring.There is no argument Tito is a superior fighter and a whole better person than Ken will ever be......
    If that is the case then why not stop the fight after Tito's first punch hit Ken?

In a spam free, scam free, and fraud free environment

You guys all know that the ref's are licensed and governed by the nevada athletic commision right?

There was no conspiracy between tito and dana...the ref was just covering his own ass FFS.

Shamrock is very damaged goods...and has been pounded on way too many times already to the point that he is just another sad old goofy punch drunk shadow of a fighter that should already be retired.

Tito was clearly in control, had already slammed him hard, had hit him several times and was raining elbows to his face while shamrock was drooling on himself with his arms down.

Herb Dean did the right thing and saved ken from an inevitable horrible beating from tito that could have left him in a coma and permanently severely screwed up.

Had he not stopped it, tito would have just kept raining more pointless pounding on a helpless shamrock forever....because he truly does hate the guy and was determined to hurt him as bad as he could.

And if this fight had been between any other two fighters...no one would be pissed at the ref for just doing his job.

The real problem is dana, tito, and ken hyped this fight too much as a brutal bloodbath...and the nevada athletic commision and ufc rules just doesn't allow that kind of stuff anymore.

Plus shamrock just doesn't have what it takes to seriously compete anymore physically or mentally.

But hopefully we have all seen the last of shamrock in the octagon...because having an ortiz/shamrock III is as pointless as a woman with no nipples.

And poor shamrock can't even announce because he is just too lousy at it...so maybe he can go train fighters or sell used cars or something....but regardless - he seriously needs to hang up his gloves for good before he gets hurt real bad.

Default shammy sham

I was disapointed by the fight only because I wanted to be entertained longer than a minute 3 seconds. However, although we know Ken Doll can take a beating, what kind of long term effects on his health does something like the first hamburgered face pummeling have? I don't dislike Ken Shamrock at all, but he's lucky he's already been inducted into the UFC hall of fame, because he's fighting his way out of it. And of course Tito is willing to fight him again, it's an exibition for him, there's no danger form the worlds most dangerous man.

Quote Originally Posted by fe4tw
    That's an opinion, not a summary. I'll cover the summary though.

Elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, and then a stop by the ref.
    pretty much
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

Default tito beating

to be hoinest i wish the ref let him beat on shamrock for 5 more seconds so noone includiung shamrock would have any doubt and theres no use of a tito/shamrock three ....shamrock doest stand a chance titos getting better and shamrock is not coture...he cant keep going at his 40's

Thread Information