Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: andrew golota to return to boxing

Default andrew golota to return to boxing

this probably isn't a big deal to anyone but me, but i was a big fan of golota a few years ago... i almost lost a decent chunk of money in his fight against tyson--tyson {allegedly} broke his cheek in the first round, and after the second golota refused to continue, citing dirty tactics {head butts} by tyson. i got my money back, though--tyson tested positive for marijuana after the fight, so it was ruled a NC.

anyway, he's not ranked yet, so maybe i can make some cash off him this time!

Much Ado About Nothing: The Return of Andrew Golota
    By Nate Nall-March 20, 2007

Apparently, former heavyweight contender Andrew Golota, 38-6-1, 31 KO’s, is planning a return to the sport of boxing despite having never made his presence known the first go-round. For years Golota served as the fighter on which everyone else cut their teeth. If you were sub par and had no business inside the ring in the first place, Golota was your judge, jury, and executioner. With 38 total victories, only 7 came via decision. The remaining 31 were crushing knockouts or referee/corner stoppages. However, if you were championship material, Golota represented soft opposition with a marketable name, essentially an easy victory to pad your record.

Golota deserves respect and reverence for his accomplishments, as does any fighter with the nuggets to lace up and step up. However, I cannot understand how Golota became such a sanctuary in the sport. Two or so years ago, I saw a reputable, and I thought knowledgeable, sports writer list Golota as being #18 in a Top 20 Heavyweights of All Time listing. Golota was definitely a top 10% fighter, but to say that Golota’s rightful place in nestled among the likes of Riddick Bowe, Jack Dempsey, and Jersey Joe Walcott is absurd.

Now I don’t want this to turn into a Golota bashing....
    read the rest here

witness to the fitness of the modern warrior and it goes BOOM!

1-3 in sig/AV bets

favorite fighters:Andrei Arlovski, Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Jeff Monson, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Leben, Caol Uno, Mac Danzig, Gina Carano

Kimbo Slice and Charles Bennett are a disgrace to MMA...

R-E-T-I-R-E! He should fight Holyfield in a battle where the loser MUST retire.

c'mon luis!! he's the GREAT WHITE HYPE!!!!

witness to the fitness of the modern warrior and it goes BOOM!

1-3 in sig/AV bets

favorite fighters:Andrei Arlovski, Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Jeff Monson, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Leben, Caol Uno, Mac Danzig, Gina Carano

Kimbo Slice and Charles Bennett are a disgrace to MMA...

Default The Savior

Well i thought the heavyweights were in trouble but with the return of golata this adds a ton of excitement. In an unrelated note im going to itch my pupils with a razorblade.

was golota the guy who lamon brewster knock the piss out off a while back. i cant remember who golota is.

by the way where the hell is Brewster

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    was golota the guy who lamon brewster knock the piss out off a while back. i cant remember who golota is.

Yes that would be him. He also got the piss knocked out of him bu Micheal Grant, Lenox Lewis, and a whole list of Boxers. He's a bum, and cheater whos name shouldn't be mentioned.

yeah he is a shit boxer, who cares if he comes back. He will get his ass beat so its good.

Harlem why do you call him a cheater

yeah he is a shit boxer, who cares if he comes back. He will get his ass beat so its good.

Yes, Lamon Brewster did dispose of Andrew Golota in the first round not too long ago. As for Brewster himself, he's rumored to come back to rematch Klitschko for the title in the summer (as the other titlists are busy in the summer as well, so Wlad needs a solid dance partner, as well as the chance to avenge an earlier loss).

Golota's actually a good boxer with great power, but rather weak-chinned as it were. He only has 6 losses compared to something like 38 wins and at least 30 of them by knockout. If there was ever a definition of gatekeeper, there's a picture of Golota right next to it.

Here's his record, courtesy of boxrec.com:
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=4345

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Salvy_Mic
    Yes, Lamon Brewster did dispose of Andrew Golota in the first round not too long ago. As for Brewster himself, he's rumored to come back to rematch Klitschko for the title in the summer (as the other titlists are busy in the summer as well, so Wlad needs a solid dance partner, as well as the chance to avenge an earlier loss).

Golota's actually a good boxer with great power, but rather weak-chinned as it were. He only has 6 losses compared to something like 38 wins and at least 30 of them by knockout. If there was ever a definition of gatekeeper, there's a picture of Golota right next to it.

Here's his record, courtesy of boxrec.com:
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=4345
    He's ok. He was just never the same after Lennox Lewis destroyed him, and after he fought Mike Tyson he took off for a few years lol, can't same I blame him. He was a good prospect at one time but just no where near the calibur of the Top in the Division.

Punk Ass Guest

Before Golata fought Riddick Bowe he was known to take cheap shots like elbow, head butt, stuff like that and when they did fight both of Golata's loses were because he tryed to litterally smash Bowe's balls into his stomach with repeated low blows.

Thread Information