Thread: New Member Introductions?

Default New Member Introductions?

What does everyone think about having some method for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe just a thread, though I doubt the noobies would think to search for it and post to it. Maybe a section, so each new person can start an introductioin thread for themselves? Just a thought.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    What does everyone think about having some method for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe just a thread, though I doubt the noobies would think to search for it and post to it. Maybe a section, so each new person can start an introductioin thread for themselves? Just a thought.
    i agree. It isnt worth a whole thread becuase they mainly all say the same stuff followed by the same replys

If it is a seperate section the description of the section should encourage people to introduce themselves and some additional info like what got them into mma,who their favourite fighters/matches are, so the people that reply have something to talk about,
    I see a lot of forums where the introduction section is "hi im new"-"welcome" over and over again, at least if they're encouraged to say a bit about themselves you can respond like "yeah you gotta love fedor" or "Sylvia was robbed? thats interesting".

Quote Originally Posted by valheruking
    If it is a seperate section the description of the section should encourage people to introduce themselves and some additional info like what got them into mma,who their favourite fighters/matches are, so the people that reply have something to talk about,
    I see a lot of forums where the introduction section is "hi im new"-"welcome" over and over again, at least if they're encouraged to say a bit about themselves you can respond like "yeah you gotta love fedor" or "Sylvia was robbed? thats interesting".
    That's a good idea.

I think I'd more support a separate section for it, considering a thread would be lost as it passed off of the front page. Unless we sticky it or something. Either way, I think we should make sure it's accessible for new members, otherwise the whole idea is useless.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

We don't need you perving out on all then new people and the last thing we should do is round them up and hand them over to you. Pervert!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    We don't need you perving out on all then new people and the last thing we should do is round them up and hand them over to you. Pervert!!!

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

That's a good idea.

I think I'd more support a separate section for it, considering a thread would be lost as it passed off of the front page. Unless we sticky it or something. Either way, I think we should make sure it's accessible for new members, otherwise the whole idea is useless.
    there use to be a welcome thread, it was rarely used

Thread Information