Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter??

  1. #1

    Default Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter??

    I am new to MMA fight and a bodybuilder friend of mine has just work me a nutrition program just wondering if every1 thinks it would be ok for not trying 2 gain 2 much and what I do gain I want 2 be lean???

    Meal 1 7am : Porridge Oars (100grm) 2 Scoops Pro Peptide 1 Banana

    Meal 2 10am : EAS Meal Replacement

    Meal 3 1pm : 200grm Tuna (in brine) Medium Jacket

    Meal 4 4pm : As Meal 2

    Meal 5 7pm: 175 Grm Chicken Breast 100Grm Brown Rice 100grm Brocoli

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wausau, wi
    Posts
    382

    Default

    there is a nutrition/training forum for this, man.

    witness to the fitness of the modern warrior and it goes BOOM!

    1-3 in sig/AV bets

    favorite fighters:Andrei Arlovski, Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Jeff Monson, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Leben, Caol Uno, Mac Danzig, Gina Carano

    Kimbo Slice and Charles Bennett are a disgrace to MMA...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy9183
    I am new to MMA fight and a bodybuilder friend of mine has just work me a nutrition program just wondering if every1 thinks it would be ok for not trying 2 gain 2 much and what I do gain I want 2 be lean???

    Meal 1 7am : Porridge Oars (100grm) 2 Scoops Pro Peptide 1 Banana

    Meal 2 10am : EAS Meal Replacement

    Meal 3 1pm : 200grm Tuna (in brine) Medium Jacket

    Meal 4 4pm : As Meal 2

    Meal 5 7pm: 175 Grm Chicken Breast 100Grm Brown Rice 100grm Brocoli
    Check out a site called t-nation.com, all the info you would ever want on training and diet, best site on the web for info.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,024

    Thumbs up Good Nutrition

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy9183
    I am new to MMA fight and a bodybuilder friend of mine has just work me a nutrition program just wondering if every1 thinks it would be ok for not trying 2 gain 2 much and what I do gain I want 2 be lean???

    Meal 1 7am : Porridge Oars (100grm) 2 Scoops Pro Peptide 1 Banana

    Meal 2 10am : EAS Meal Replacement

    Meal 3 1pm : 200grm Tuna (in brine) Medium Jacket

    Meal 4 4pm : As Meal 2

    Meal 5 7pm: 175 Grm Chicken Breast 100Grm Brown Rice 100grm Brocoli
    This meal is good enought, just add another fruits for snack (beside banana).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Depending on how big you are and how much you train, that doesn't look like alot of food. Also you need more veggies and a PWO shake would be a good idea to help recovery. Check out some of the links in the FAQ sticky, they should get you started pretty good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,024

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Depending on how big you are and how much you train, that doesn't look like alot of food. Also you need more veggies and a PWO shake would be a good idea to help recovery. Check out some of the links in the FAQ sticky, they should get you started pretty good.
    Yea add some veggies and fruits are great...but i consulte other health trainer that sometimes you dont need shake anymore...they say it's only a hype ...but if you have a extra money take it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warchief
    Yea add some veggies and fruits are great...but i consulte other health trainer that sometimes you dont need shake anymore...they say it's only a hype ...but if you have a extra money take it.
    Nah if you are training hard you need a whey protein shake and some high GI carbs. It's been shown to improve recovery/protein synthesis greatly. That and whey protein is dirt cheap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,024

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    and whey protein is dirt cheap.
    But not in my place in davos, switzerland and especially in asia (the place that i was grew up), the prize of whey protein there are gold.

    P.S. I am 100% agree with you on taking protein for recovery...im just talking to those people who have same sitaution like mine.
    Last edited by Warchief; 04-03-2007 at 03:46 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warchief
    But not in my place in davos, switzerland and especially in asia (the place that i was grew up), the prize of whey protein there are gold.

    P.S. I am 100% agree with you on taking protein for recovery...im just talking to those people who have same sitaution like mine.
    Yeah in that case your best bet would probably be some chocolate milk post workout. It's not optimal but it's good enough to not warrant spending an arm and a leg for whey.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,024

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Yeah in that case your best bet would probably be some chocolate milk post workout. It's not optimal but it's good enough to not warrant spending an arm and a leg for whey.
    A delicious low fat swiss chocolate milk is a big boost for my energy...i take that before and after workout...it helps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •