Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most hated fighters top 5 for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by fe4tw
    Why? Because he denounced the whole "America vs. Canada" thing? Because he tried to calm down the racist Americans who hated and booed him for winning (okay, maybe they're not racist, but they were acting a bit racist)? Or for being an all around nice guy?

I'm not trying to defend him, but that interview actually made me a fan and it was when I finally hopped onto the GSP bandwagon.
    canada isn't a race.the americans showed prejudice torwards the canadians.i didn't really like the concept of us vs canada for that reason.it should be who's the better fighter not who's from canada or from the US. i'll agree though gsp acted classy a lot more classy than those fans were acting and a lot more classy than a lot of fighters have acted in the past.

Perhaps it is sort of immature, but I didn't like the way he handled it. Sure it was classy, but when you are dealing with idiots you have to take it to them or else they are just going to boo you out of further disrespect. If it were me, and they continued to boo me after I tried to make peace with the U.S/Canada thing, I would have shrugged it off and said "Cool, fuck off then"

I don't know, I guess I can't disagree with it being classy, just not the way I would have handled it. I guess if you met me in person, you wouldn't call me the niceset person in the world. Not because I'm flondering all of the time or I'm mean, but I tend to get sarcastic and outspoken about things. Because of this, I just don't relate when GSP handles redned, ferocious, drunken fans with kindness that will immediatley be overlooked.

Like I said though, everything that happens in that octogon I can respect and love about GSP, I would just prefer he never touches a microphone anymore.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

what i can't understand is how fans can boo a fighter after just fighting his heart out b/c the fight didn't go the way they wanted or to boo when a fighter (who just put on a hell of performance) is talking b/c they don't agree with the judges descion.the fighters deserve a little more respect than they get sometimes.

I totally agree. However, fi that is the case, people shouldn't come on here and rip apart judge decisions, no matter how much they disagree with it. I wanted to throw my T.V out the window when Tito's hand got raised against Forrest Griffin, even though everyone else in the house (Which were all Tito fans) agreed with the decision. I'm sure that for whatever reason, a lot of people thought John Alessio beat Diego Sanchez, despite the fact he had no offense the entire fight, and wanted to throw their T.V's out of the window as well. Instead we come on here and say incredibly unintelligent things such as "John Allesio was robbed!" or we buy a ticket and boo the winner of the fight. It is all equivilant to Ben Wallace sitting at one end of the court, bitching to the referee that he was fouled on the last play, meanwhile the rest of the two teams are down at the other end of the court without him. We whine about things that cannot be helped, and in turn it makes us look stupid at times.

But that's America, we have the right to speak our minds. Because of that, we do so on a constant basis. Much to that chagrin of anyone who disagrees.

(Wow, not sure if that rant had anything to do with the topic, but it's 3:35 a.m so I'm typing out of my ass at the moment, i'll probably read it and feel like a moron tomorrow morning)
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

Oh, and anyone who was under any sort of impression that Canadians are a different race should be stuck into a burlap bag and beat with reeds. There, now I'm going to bed

Us Canadians aren't a different race...lol

I think that person was trying to say somehting different and that came out lol

I hated the US vs Canada concept, and the audienced showed why

Sam Hoger- Overrated asshole
    Nick Diaz- Disrespectful Piece of Shit
    Mike Kyle- Should be banned from MMA IMO
    Mark Coleman- I can't wait for Wanderlei Silva to punk this guy out after the whole Shogun incident.
    Rashad Evans- His fights are the most boring things to watch. Just not a fan of watching this guy at all. Nothing personal though.
    "Hang The Dj"
    ~The Smiths

you think Rashad Evans is boring? wow

I mean not tryna put u down or anything I just think that of any fighter Evans has the least boring fights, the guy knocked down Brad Imes like 50 times.. and kept on swingin, I thought that fight was real exciting, and his showboating his entertaining as well.. hes like a LHW Genki Sudo.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Did you compare Rashad evans to Sudo??? LOL

Thread Information