Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 149

Thread: ** New Reputation System **

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default ** New Reputation System **

    I would like to announce to everyone our new reputation system and how it works. If have seen that little green thing under your post count, that it your reputation.

    Now you can give or take reputation points for a member of the forum by clicking the reputation option next to the flag at the top of a members post. For day to day use the reputation will allow people to see who is a trusted member and how isn't. During events we are going to test a system where people with a reputation of (25 or more) OR (who have been here 30+ days and have 50+ posts) are the only people who can start new threads. Everything else will be the same except that people who don't meet these conditions will be have to post in existing threads instead of making their own. I may adjust those numbers as we work the kinks out but that is where they are at the moment.

    Here are the other details:
    * Users Start with 10 Rep points

    * Users Start with the ability to give or take 1 point
    **** For every 365 days a person has been a member their point influence (how much they can give or take) increases by 1
    **** For every 1000 posts their point influence increases by 1
    **** For every 50 Rep points their point influence increases by 1
    **** Administrators have a point influence of 5

    * You must have 25 posts and a reputation above 5 in order to give or take reputation points

    * You can only give ten rep clicks per day and you cannot click the same person until you have clicked 9 other people.
    Last edited by Clint; 04-14-2007 at 01:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    I like the idea of not being able to start threads unless you have posted here for a while.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LILMAC
    I like the idea of not being able to start threads unless you have posted here for a while.
    Right now I'm only going to do it during events but who knows where this might go. The rep system also allows people who maybe don't post often but post good shit to still be able to make threads during events.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    Love the feature. They use it over at RapGodfather's forum, where I get a lot of my bootleg movies lol. System seems to keep shit more organized and it's good for new members so they know who to fuck with and who not.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    Love the feature. They use it over at RapGodfather's forum, where I get a lot of my bootleg movies lol. System seems to keep shit more organized and it's good for new members so they know who to fuck with and who not.
    Do you know if there is a way to get the reputation to display as a number instead of the green bar? I think it would be more intuitive to people that way.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dorsia
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    I was wondering whta those little green dots were....



    Definitely a good idea.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    Can you see who is giving or taking points from you? The only problem I see is if guys really dislike eachother they will just give negative points to people they don't like all the time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LILMAC
    Can you see who is giving or taking points from you? The only problem I see is if guys really dislike eachother they will just give negative points to people they don't like all the time.
    Yeah if you go to your user control panel it will tell you the number of points you have and the last 5 adds or minuses you have and any comments the person left with them.

    I don;t think going back and forth will be too much of a problem since you need 10 rep clicks in between repping the same user.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Yeah if you go to your user control panel it will tell you the number of points you have and the last 5 adds or minuses you have and any comments the person left with them.

    I don;t think going back and forth will be too much of a problem since you need 10 rep clicks in between repping the same user.
    Cool, just curious.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    santa barbara,ca
    Posts
    156

    Default

    cool, i like the idea hope its works

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •