Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: PBF vs DLH breakdown

  1. #1
    Punk Ass Guest

    Default PBF vs DLH breakdown

    OK I know people have already gave their opinions but I tryed searching for it and couldn't find anything so, one last time:

    Who is going to win this fight and how?

    IMO, DLH is too big, too strong, and almost equally skilled, and that's enough to beat or KO PBF. I think DLH will chase him around the ring, bullying him, catching him with body shots and just plain and simply rough PBF up, maybe even knocking him down once in the fight.

    If Baldomir chased PBF around the ring (even though PBF gave him a boxing lesson) then DLH will have him running for his life, and DLH is no Baldomir, PBF can't make DLH like stupid and miss every punch he throws, DLH is too fast and too skilled. Not that he's faster than PBF, but fast enough not to look like a retard.

    Opinions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed, there both defensive boxers but DLH can push foward as well, overall.. DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed! he got beat by SSM because of hand speed, PBF is the more active boxer, and the better boxer whos gonna hit PBF 3 times for every 1 time DLH hits him and win by Decision.

    But in all honesty, I bet this fight goes back and fourth for 12 rounds.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    770

    Default

    I think the decisive factor in this fight will be how Floyd's speed is effected by the jump in weight. Of course he wont be as fast at 154, but the question is how much slower will he be? If Oscar can jump on him fast and frustrate him, surprise him with the difference in power, he might have a chance to pull it off. But i wouldnt count on it. Mayweather is just so fast and slick, i think his skills alone will just be too much for oscar.
    However, I really think we shouldnt over look the daily animosity in the Mayweather camp between Floyd Sr and Roger. Mental distractions like that are just the sort of thing that catch an extremely talented fighter off guard, and they end up losing a fight they shouldnt.
    Mayweather by unanimous decision.
    Last edited by JimmyMoore; 04-24-2007 at 06:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    While DLH did lose twice to Sugar Shane, let's not forget that floyd got knocked down by Zab Judah. De La Hoya has much more power than Judah, so IF he can hit PBF enough early on to slow him down later in the fight I can see him getting a late KO. Catching Mayweather is going to be his most difficult task, but if he can turn it into a war there's no doubt in my mind that the Golden Boy will come out on top.

    In the end Floyd may just be too fast for Oscar. Most likely he'll win a decision.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Yes Zab did knock PBF down but lets be real DLH isn't anywhere near as fast as Zab was so its going to be much harder for him to land a clean enough shot to put PBF down. PBF's defense is the key to this fight not his handspeed he doesn't have enough power to do any damage to DLH but he will land more punches than DLH and win a decision.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    For DLH to win I think he has to go to the body in the early rounds and try and slow down PBFs superior speed. I'm interested to see if he will try and come straight forward to utilize his strength or lay back and be a defensive boxer.



    I wish luis was still here to give us his take

  7. #7
    Punk Ass Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878
    Yes Zab did knock PBF down but lets be real DLH isn't anywhere near as fast as Zab was so its going to be much harder for him to land a clean enough shot to put PBF down. PBF's defense is the key to this fight not his handspeed he doesn't have enough power to do any damage to DLH but he will land more punches than DLH and win a decision.
    How old are you, and how many times did you see DLH fight?? Your talking as if DLH is slow. He's very fast, it just so happens PBF and Zab are a lil faster. Hell those two are faster then everybody but it didn't stop JLC from giving PBF a tough fight or Tzu from knocking Zab on his ass. If anybody can counter a slight speed advantage it's DLH.

    LOL about you saying DLH will not land a clean shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed, there both defensive boxers but DLH can push foward as well, overall.. DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed! he got beat by SSM because of hand speed, PBF is the more active boxer, and the better boxer whos gonna hit PBF 3 times for every 1 time DLH hits him and win by Decision.

    But in all honesty, I bet this fight goes back and fourth for 12 rounds.
    Did you see the second fight? SSM's speed was not a factor at all. They went back and forth but most peoples concensus was DLH won that fight and the judges were blind. But that happens in boxing a lot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    SSM won that 2nd fight, I hate that people keep rubbing it off as a DLH win if that were any other boxer, it would of been an SSM win it just isnt easy to judge a boxing match and in no way did DLH decisively win that fight, it coulda gone either way.

    and I do believe DLH can knock down PBF, and probably will but I also believe PBF is gonna hit DLH more times then DLH hits him, enough to win the fight even if he gets knocked down, and hell ill say it I think he PBF can score a knockdown too.. so what if DLH is big like a Baldomir and PBF couldnt knock down Baldomir, its a different fight, different gameplan. DLH is too inactive.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  9. #9
    Punk Ass Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    SSM won that 2nd fight, I hate that people keep rubbing it off as a DLH win if that were any other boxer, it would of been an SSM win it just isnt easy to judge a boxing match and in no way did DLH decisively win that fight, it coulda gone either way.

    and I do believe DLH can knock down PBF, and probably will but I also believe PBF is gonna hit DLH more times then DLH hits him, enough to win the fight even if he gets knocked down, and hell ill say it I think he PBF can score a knockdown too.. so what if DLH is big like a Baldomir and PBF couldnt knock down Baldomir, its a different fight, different gameplan. DLH is too inactive.
    I agree, SSM vs DLH 2 was tough to call, but I just didn't see speed being a factor thats all.

    And as far as the upcoming fight, we shall see, you could be right, I just don't think so.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    I could be just hoping to be right cuz I wanna see PBF become a huge draw, and im fed up with DLH being the only big draw but we'll see.. DLH is a damn good boxer.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •