Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosley stops Vargas in 6

Default Mosley stops Vargas in 6

Didn't get to see the fight. As of this writing have only read the headline on FightNews.com, still waiting on the press release - although I'm sure Cruz watched it or TiVo'd it so he'll be in here with details eventually.

FROM FIGHTNEWS.COM

This time it was decisive. Shane Mosley (43-4, 37 KOs) defeated Fernando Vargas (26-4, 22 KOs) again in a one-sided sixth round TKO Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Mosley was much, much quicker than Vargas, easily winning the first round. The fight heated up in round two, but Mosley continued to have the edge as the bout progessed. Vargas was cut over the right eye by a punch in round five. Mosley dropped Vargas with a left hook in the sixth and Vargas had great difficulty in getting up. Referee Kenny Bayless stopped the fight moments later. Time was 2:38.

no i thought i was going to get mandated so i didnt order it. it was a left hook though that dropped vargas, he got up but wasn't there and got punished and dropped again as soon as he got up and bayless stopped it, vargas was finished. mosely vs floyd at 147 is sounding a lot more intriguing now. at 154 mosely handles him but at 147 it would be real good. mosely seems to have gotten that crazy speed he has back so his power could be the difference in that fight. we'll see if they make it happen.

I've wanted to see that fight for a while anyway, whether Mosley was considered non-legit or past his prime or whatever. I always loved the style match up of Mayweather and Mosley if they could ever wind up around the same weight, which finally they have. I'd pay to see it.

Man I wanted to see that fight so bad, glad Mosley won though
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I saw it at a local bar, Vargas couldn't keep up with Mosley in that fight, Mosley was owning him bad in all those 6 rounds. When the end came I thought Vargas needs to retire, after that fight with Tito (my homeboy BTW since I'm from P.R.) he hasn't been the same. Also I want to add that Daniel Ponce De Leon completly owned Looknongyangtoy, that left hook was brutal!! Looknongyangtoy was out cold for like 2 mins!

Vargas is 28 years old hes got a lot of time to ressurect his career I wouldnt like to see him retire that young, every one of his losses came to very good boxers nothing to be a shamed of.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I finally saw it. Mosley handled him. The knockout was actually really good too.

what the hell was wrong with vargas? He was so sluggish and his punches had no bite. was it anything to do with cutting weight?

Last edited by Matt Boone; 07-20-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information