Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Prequalifying TUF Fighters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,070

    Default Prequalifying TUF Fighters

    What is going on with the selection of the fighters?

    There have been in an inordinate amount of toolbags like Andy, Gabe and others over the last few seasons.

    Good points have been raised..they keep these guys contained in a house, away from friends and families yet don't monitor them in any way to assure they are ring-ready?

    WTF?

    Anymore shows like last nights episode will result in ratings they won't be able to climb out from.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Less Than Two Weeks Left In The AFG!!
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Last night was for the Reality TV fans, not the MMA fans. The UFC picks people that they think will get people talking and will make for good TV, not on how good they can fight.
    Great point.

    Dana White stands out there all pissed about it, but he's the one responsible for bringing in a guy that's roughly 20 pounds over the weight limit for the class of fighters on the program.

    Dana's a business man and a fight promoter. Kinda like Vince McMahon but with a legit fighting organization.

    Later.
    JOHN 14:6

    ^MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL PLAYER!^
    I'D RATHER BE MOUNTAIN BIKING
    LIVE EACH WEEK AS IF IT WERE SHARK WEEK!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Last night was for the Reality TV fans, not the MMA fans. The UFC picks people that they think will get people talking and will make for good TV, not on how good they can fight.
    Your right, and I think that's how the show usually is, more so last night, but it resembles a typical reality show too often.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    I don't mind the reality aspect so much so long as there is enough fight related content.

    Some of these guys don't even seem like worthwhile picks from either an entertainment or MMA end.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default everyone is crying about no fight

    you see guys ... the tuf forums section hasnt really been going untill what happened. A guy couldnt make a weight and dana kicked him off. everyone is talking about it. no one is talking about the fights that they had. we have been pulled in once again by the dana.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    you see guys ... the tuf forums section hasnt really been going untill what happened. A guy couldnt make a weight and dana kicked him off. everyone is talking about it. no one is talking about the fights that they had. we have been pulled in once again by the dana.
    Good man.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbill70
    Great point.

    Dana White stands out there all pissed about it, but he's the one responsible for bringing in a guy that's roughly 20 pounds over the weight limit for the class of fighters on the program.

    Dana's a business man and a fight promoter. Kinda like Vince McMahon but with a legit fighting organization.

    Later.
    One thing to remember is gabe might have been at 170 when they signed him for the show but some of the other guys probably were too. It was more than likely assumed that he would be cut down to around 160ish by the time of the show. By the time he shows up at the house and is 25 over it's almost too late to do anything about it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Newmarket
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Dana love the fact that he got to kick someone off of the show, he loved acting like a badass, and probably thought it was actually good for the show, which it may be? I for one am Glad that the kid got the boot, not so much because I think he came off as Homosexual on the show, but because of he blatent disrespect for the UFC, the other fighters, and the fans.!
    don't forget his disrespect of his coaches
    current grappling record
    beginner 185
    1-4 (1 sub)
    beginner 170
    5-3 (1 sub)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •