Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nba Mvp

Default Nba Mvp

So Disco Dirk was awarded MVP today...
    do you think he is deserving of so or not?
    and if not, who do you think should of been...
    Nash?
    Kobe?
    King James?

Probably Kobe, but I think Jason Kidd has been deserving since 2002. Where the hell would the Nets be without him.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Probably Kobe, but I think Jason Kidd has been deserving since 2002. Where the hell would the Nets be without him.

They still have Jefferson and Carter.

I say Nash just because I like him a lot and because he's Canadian, also his stats went up more then what they were last year when he won it. However, I can see Dirk being named MVP, so I'm not devastated.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

[QUOTE=God]
    They still have Jefferson and Carter

Yeh, but Dirk has Jason Terry, Josh Howard, and Stackhouse. Suns have Barbosa, Marion, Bell, banks, Piatkoski, stoudamire, and a lot more. That's a all star team and much deeper than the Nets.

I say Nash just because I like him a lot and because he's Canadian, also his stats went up more then what they were last year when he won it. However, I can see Dirk being named MVP, so I'm not devastated.
    Do you honestly think the Sns wouldn't be in the play off without him?? I think they would still have a great chance, hell they would make it.

Do you honestly think the Sns wouldn't be in the play off without him?? I think they would still have a great chance, hell they would make it.

Well, if that's the case, then why did you make this thread?

I still think that they'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't be nearly as good.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

You could have flipped a coin between Dirk and Nash so I have no problem with Dirk getting it. And just because someone has better talent around them doesn't mean they shouldn't get the MVP. Nash actually makes the guys on his team better so he could get the damn thing year after year and it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Well, if that's the case, then why did you make this thread?

I still think that they'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't be nearly as good.
    I didn't make this thread, and dont understand exactly what you mean by that, however I agree the suns wouldn't be as good but I respect someone a little more who can take a team of nobodys ala Jordan and make them better, or take a team who only won about 16 games the year before and takes them into the NBA finals, which Kid did 2 years in a row.

I didn't make this thread, and dont understand exactly what you mean by that, however I agree the suns wouldn't be as good but I respect someone a little more who can take a team of nobodys ala Jordan and make them better, or take a team who only won about 16 games the year before and takes them into the NBA finals, which Kid did 2 years in a row.

Yeah, my bad. Whoops. Jordan didn't have nobodys, he had Pippen and Rodman, and I'm sure others.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Yeah, my bad. Whoops. Jordan didn't have nobodys, he had Pippen and Rodman, and I'm sure others.
    Rodman wasn't the difference maker in that 3 year run. Jordan and Pippin are, but they wasn't nearly as deep as the suns or Mavs. BTW, there were no others besides those three.

I think you would be hard pressed to name any other player in the Bulls first 3 championship runs. Can you name 1?

I can, but I was a die hard Bulls fan and they didn't have anybody of notice.
    Last edited by Punk Ass; 05-16-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Bill Cartwright, B.J. Armstrong, Luc Longly, Ron Harper, John Paxson. Uh...that's all I got off the top of my head I'll have to think about this some more. The thing is those guys weren't great individual players but they were awesome role players. It's very hard to find quality role players anymore because everyone wants to be a superstar. Imo, the Pistons and Spurs have the best role players in the league right now. If the Bulls stay intact they have that chance in the next couple of years.

Thread Information