Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nba Mvp

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Rodman wasn't the difference maker in that 3 year run. Jordan and Pippin are, but they wasn't nearly as deep as the suns or Mavs. BTW, there were no others besides those three.

I think you would be hard pressed to name any other player in the Bulls first 3 championship runs. Can you name 1?

I can, but I was a die hard Bulls fan and they didn't have anybody of notice.

I can't name anyone else, but I'm not a basketball fan. More like someone who just enjoys watching Nash play and hopes he raptors don't suck so bad as they have in the past because I'm Canadian.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

I think Nash should have got it this year, but I think this should have been his second straight MVP. I think the first year he won it Shaq should have gotten it.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy, Trent Tucker, Scott Williams, and Rodney McCray are the other players from the first 3-peat that come to mind.

Without Nash, the Suns still have two All-Star forwards and the sixth-man of the year. They're a pretty good team without Nash, but much better with.

But that's not everything you have to look at.

Nash is more than just a great passer. He is most likely the best shooter on the Suns as well. He has a ton of heart, creates openings for his teammates, and presses that team up and down the court each and every night. The Suns WOULD be a playoff team without Nash, but wouldn't make it past the first round.

Dirk rebounds pretty well and is primarily the first offensive option on that team, sans MAYBE Howard. We know Dirk can score and shoot the lights out of the arena, but he needs to do more to help his team by creating more openings for the guys around him. Dallas could still potentially be a playoff team without him, and I mean that honestly.

LeBron does EVERYTHING, save for hitting big shots. He passes very well for someone his size, rebounds very well, can score from anywhere on the floor, and does help his team find holes in the opposing D. Cleveland wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs without LeBron. Not even CLOSE.

At the end of the day, though, just who is most valuable to their team?

Tm Duncan is.

The entire San Antiionio offense is run through him nearly every time down the floor. He dominates on both sides of the ball more than any player at power forward in the history of the NBA, is capable of 30-20-8-5 on ANY given night, and is the main reason that the Spurs have been an elite team nearly his entire career.

unless my memory is horrible, thats suns werent thaty good before nash, and there not good with him off the court, im not saying hes as good as jordan, but him and jordan both make other players on their team better,

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelK
    Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy, Trent Tucker, Scott Williams, and Rodney McCray are the other players from the first 3-peat that come to mind.

Without Nash, the Suns still have two All-Star forwards and the sixth-man of the year. They're a pretty good team without Nash, but much better with.

But that's not everything you have to look at.

Nash is more than just a great passer. He is most likely the best shooter on the Suns as well. He has a ton of heart, creates openings for his teammates, and presses that team up and down the court each and every night. The Suns WOULD be a playoff team without Nash, but wouldn't make it past the first round.

Dirk rebounds pretty well and is primarily the first offensive option on that team, sans MAYBE Howard. We know Dirk can score and shoot the lights out of the arena, but he needs to do more to help his team by creating more openings for the guys around him. Dallas could still potentially be a playoff team without him, and I mean that honestly.

LeBron does EVERYTHING, save for hitting big shots. He passes very well for someone his size, rebounds very well, can score from anywhere on the floor, and does help his team find holes in the opposing D. Cleveland wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs without LeBron. Not even CLOSE.

At the end of the day, though, just who is most valuable to their team?

Tm Duncan is.

The entire San Antiionio offense is run through him nearly every time down the floor. He dominates on both sides of the ball more than any player at power forward in the history of the NBA, is capable of 30-20-8-5 on ANY given night, and is the main reason that the Spurs have been an elite team nearly his entire career.
    Lebron wont touch an NBA MVP until he becomes more then the worse 4th quarter player in the NBA among elite players.

of course Cleveland wouldnt be in the playoffs if it werent for Lebron, you take away the superstar on any playoff team and they wouldnt be in the playoffs either.

Nash had his best year, most deserving MVP year but ironically Nash has gotten two straight undeserving MVPs, and was shafted on the one MVP he might of deserved.

Dirk was the right choice considering the Regular season.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

It was unfair for Steve to get the shaft this year, I do agree. The only reason we didn't win it this year was because he was fairly undeserving the previous two. This was their way of making up for it.

Also, I didn't imply James should have been named MVP, nor did I state was due for one soon. The fact is, and I said this before, he doesn't do well in most clutch situations. Until he can carry his team to victory for the ENTIRE game, you're right - he will not be named MVP. And, it's justified in my book.

Thread Information