Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey and Fighting ??

Quote Originally Posted by neonatural45
    Intimidation is a big part of the game. NHL teams often take guys for one purpose and that is to protect star players on there team. I pray to god that they dont remove fighting from hockey becuase alot of players are only in the NHL becuase of how tough they are, as opposed to their skill
    Tie Domi?

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    Tie Domi?

I always hated that fuck and I'm glad he retired.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by God
    i never liked Pronger. great player but something about him that i dont remember really pissed me off.

remember Bertuzzi knocking out that one player. forgot his name but it was a brutal KO!

edit: found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLlz4-vUFg

fucking brutal. felt bad for Moore. i remember after this game, evertime Canucks came to the Staples Center, the fans would boo the hell out of Bertuzzi.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

a few NHL suspensions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634nS...elated&search=

Domi elbowing Neidamayer was disgusting.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    i never liked Pronger. great player but something about him that i dont remember really pissed me off.

remember Bertuzzi knocking out that one player. forgot his name but it was a brutal KO!

edit: found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLlz4-vUFg

fucking brutal. felt bad for Moore. i remember after this game, evertime Canucks came to the Staples Center, the fans would boo the hell out of Bertuzzi.
    I am not defending Bertuzzi for what he did, cause it was wrong......BUT, most people forget, the game before that when Vancouver and Colorado played, Moore took a cheap shot at Markus Naslund (Vancouver's best player) and took him out, I think Naslund missed 3 or 4 games because of Moore's cheap shot.
    And there is a code in the NHL that says you take out a teams best player, the next time you play that team, you man-up, take the consequences and fight the teams enforcer...........Bertuzzi, was trying to get at Moore all game, and Moore played the role of pussy and neglected to Man-up, and he ran from Bertuzzi all game........finally Bertuzzi had the chance, face to face, and Moore still wouldn't drop the gloves, and Bertuzzi suckered him.
    Let's not forget, that the broken neck may very well have happened from the 4 Avalanche players who jumped onto Bertuzzi and all of them onto Moore's back/neck,.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Now I am not a fan of Hockey by any means but what I don't understand is why is fighting legal??

This just doesn't make sense to me. I know it's legal until it goes to the ground, but that seems very barbaric and not needed. The game has rules and if a rule is broken (like a guy hitting someone with the stick) and a fight breaks out, that is understandable, but what the hell is the reason for fighting being legal?

The NFL might as well let the football players go at it, hell why not have B Ball throwdowns, I would love to see Shack vs Kobe lol.
    Actually fighting, like tripping, or elbowing, etc.. is illegal....fighting earns you a minimum of a 5 minute penalty.

Like others have said, it is a way for the players to police themselves. Steve Yzerman rarely got touched when Bob Probert was a red wing...why, because Probie would pound anyone who did.
    When you have guys like Ulf Samuelsson, Fetisov, Marchment, Claude Lemieux, steve Avery etc........around, who will stop at nothing to attempt to injure other players, if you took the fighting out of the game, these, aforementioned pussies would reek havoc.........sticks would be carried up around the heads and there would certainly be more serious injuries than there is.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by God

Have you been reading about Tie Dummies nasty, messy divorce??

Cheating on his wife with Belinda Stronach........physical and verbal abuse of his ex-wife......withholding money from his ex and his kids, telling everyone who will listen he is broke.........what a fucking tool!!!!!!!

I'm suprised people dont get killed after some of those cheap shots, those were really brutal. Personally, I think if more black people were involved, people would be getting shot. I'm black so im not being racist, but i've seen crazy stuff go down at High School B Ball games for lessor reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32
    I am not defending Bertuzzi for what he did, cause it was wrong......BUT, most people forget, the game before that when Vancouver and Colorado played, Moore took a cheap shot at Markus Naslund (Vancouver's best player) and took him out, I think Naslund missed 3 or 4 games because of Moore's cheap shot.
    And there is a code in the NHL that says you take out a teams best player, the next time you play that team, you man-up, take the consequences and fight the teams enforcer...........Bertuzzi, was trying to get at Moore all game, and Moore played the role of pussy and neglected to Man-up, and he ran from Bertuzzi all game........finally Bertuzzi had the chance, face to face, and Moore still wouldn't drop the gloves, and Bertuzzi suckered him.
    Let's not forget, that the broken neck may very well have happened from the 4 Avalanche players who jumped onto Bertuzzi and all of them onto Moore's back/neck,.
    yea i remember what Moore did to Naslund. Naslund was bleeding on the ice, but no one was expecting a payback from Bertuzzi. You make a clear point about Bertuzzi's situation. i've always liked him as a player regardless of the incident, but looked real painful when Moore's face was just sliding down the ice with all those people on him.

i think the NHL needs more players like Lidstrom. humble with sick skills.

can you imagine Fedor playing hockey?

jesus christ

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32

Was Moore being a pussy because he didn't want to fight, well kind of. He knew he would have got his ass kicked. I'm not a big guy, myself though, but I would fight anybody and I've never lost a fight.

The people who say Moore took a cheap shot are simply put: wrong. Naslund didn't see the hit coming, but Naslund had the puck. There was not 4 avalanche palyers who jumped on him, just Andrei Nikolishin and two Vancouver Canucks.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Thread Information