Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hockey and Fighting ??

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    a few NHL suspensions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634nS...elated&search=

Domi elbowing Neidamayer was disgusting.

What a shock that they were showing that on an american network. Everytime I see american networks talking about hockey, it's negative, like that crap-show "Pardon the interruption".

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32
    Have you been reading about Tie Dummies nasty, messy divorce??

Cheating on his wife with Belinda Stronach........physical and verbal abuse of his ex-wife......withholding money from his ex and his kids, telling everyone who will listen he is broke.........what a fucking tool!!!!!!!

Yeah, I heard all about that.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Couple of my favorite hockey fight highlights... Anything with Joey Kocur, that man put people to sleep on hockey skates... and him and Bob Probert were nothing to be fucked with (they actually fought each other later on in their careers, rep if someone can give me a feed of that fight).

Best payback fight (going with the Bertuzzi/Naslund/Moore theme) is after Claude Lemiuex cheap shot Chris Draper causing terrible facial laserations, Darren McCarty beat the piss out of him. Lemiuex started to fight, but was getting fucked up so he turtled up... this is the only time i've seen a hockey player punching a turtled up fighter but Claude deserved it because he's a superprick. Also when Mike Vernon/Cris Osgood fought Patrick Roy (sorry God), for being much smaller than Roy both men did more than hold their own. Goalie fights are funny to watch.

Fights have got to be in hockey so people don't get carried away with their 5 foot stick, or razorsharp skates... it's a way to relieve all the tension that gets built up, and they handle it like men.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

Vernon didn;t win, besides Roy was struggling with his equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtntqyMUXw&NR=1

Roy landed a lot more shots, just because Osgood fell on top of him, doesn't mean he won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2xMXXOw4M&NR=1
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Sorry God, but Osgood clearly won that fight with Roy.
    Moore gave Naslund a nice lunging elbow to the head to start that whole rivalry.

Darren McCarty beating up Claude Lemieux made me an instant fan of McCarty.......that little rat Lemieux ranks right up there with Ulffy boy Samuelsson for the biggest cheap shot artists of our generation.
    McCarty actually throws some knees to Lemieux in that fight too.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I'm a Canucks fan but Bertuzzi had no right for the sucker punch. People forget that Vancouver and Colorado played a game between the Moore hit and the sucker punch. Vancouver was losing like 6-1 or somethign rediculous when Bertuzzi snapped. Also, people forget that Steve Moore fought Matt Cooke earlier in the game and that should have been it. Bertuzz is a dick. Also, if Moore's neck didn't break we wouldn't even remember the situation.

As for the suspensions for dirty play. You know, the NHL is very inconsistant when it comes to suspending players. Look at the Pronger hit a couple nights ago, that was as bad as the Bertuzzi's hit but it didnt' break the guys neck.

Back to fighting. Take fighting out of the game you're going to see more pussy players run around like an idiot and get away with cheap shit. ala Jarko Ruutu, SHawn Avery, Mathiew Barnaby and countless other chicken shits. If you cheap shit somebody in hockey, be prepared to defend your actions by dropping the gloves. Take figthing out there's no deterant.

The NFL is protecting quarterbacks nowadas by awarding a 15 yard penalty if you touch him after he throws the ball. If there was no penalty guys would take liberties on the quarter back and fights would break out all the time by the teams defending hitting their star players.

Back to they Olympics comment, there's no need to fight as you're the best players in the world playing for an Olympic Gold Medal. How many chances do you get an Olympic gold? Why risk putting your team short handed by fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Vernon didn;t win, besides Roy was struggling with his equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtntqyMUXw&NR=1

Roy landed a lot more shots, just because Osgood fell on top of him, doesn't mean he won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2xMXXOw4M&NR=1
    Now, now Mr. God... you know Ozzy won that fight, he was gettin position to work some GnP at the end too for the TKO. The Vernon fight I was kinda joking even though he more than held his own. I like how Roy is like 6'3 and Vernon, Ozzy, & Hasek are all about 5'9 but Roy calls them all out and then has his hands full. I don't recall him fighting any of the other large goalies, but I haven't watched a shitload of his games to be honest (I hate the Avs). He's a great goalie, not a great fighter.

Who you guys got as a star of a team that's an underrated fighter? My pick Brendan Shanahan, hell of a scorer but not a man you'd want to fight with at all.. but he's not really considered a tough guy.

MetalHead, I threw up a little bit when my Wings signed that goon Bertuzzi. I know he's the power forward they thought they needed (Holmstrom, & Franzen say otherwise) but I hate seeing his ass in a Wings jersey when I watch their games... I still hate him, this is a first for me and a Wings player.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

Well, in the day, you had Wendel Clark, Rick Tocchet, Cam Neely, eric Lindros, all some of the better players, and some of the best fighters.......today.ummm Jerome Iginla comes to mind, a very underated fighter.

As for Moore already fighting Matt Cooke...true, but Moore started all this with his cheap shot on Naslund..I'm sorry, but Moore doesn't get to choose who he fights, he can't go out and fight a below average fighter, and think he has payed his dues, sorry the code of the NHL doesn't work like that. You man up fight who the other team says you fight, take your punishment and move on.....Moore didn't do that. Now, having said that, i will say again, I am not condoneing what Bertuzzi did, cause it was wrong.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32

As for Moore already fighting Matt Cooke...true, but Moore started all this with his cheap shot on Naslund..I'm sorry, but Moore doesn't get to choose who he fights, he can't go out and fight a below average fighter, and think he has payed his dues, sorry the code of the NHL doesn't work like that. You man up fight who the other team says you fight, take your punishment and move on.....Moore didn't do that. Now, having said that, i will say again, I am not condoneing what Bertuzzi did, cause it was wrong.
    No, he did pay his dues. He manned up and fought like a man. Cooke challenege him, he accepted it's over. Dont' forget when he did hit Naslund there was a mayley after.

I seirously can't believe people are still saying it's Moore's fault. He honoured the code of hockey by fighting. Getting suckered by a bully isn't part of the code. Why should an average sized player have to fight a 6"3'' 250 pounder? Fighting a below average fighter, of course, Moore isnt' a fighter either. I can't believe in the talk shows around Vancouver, whenever this topic is brought up people still defend Bertuzzi and make Moore the bad guy. Like you.

By the way, Naslund put himself in a volnuarble position, he should keep his head up. You woulda hit him too don't even try to deny it.

I'm a canucks fan by the way.

So when does Chris Pronger get sucker punched from behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead
    So when does Chris Pronger get sucker punched from behind?
    When he comes back probably lol... I hope so actually, I hate seeing either of them on the ice. Go Wings!

Thread Information