Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miranda vs Pavlik - Matchup of the year

Default Miranda vs Pavlik - Matchup of the year

Someone should upload this fight, it was CRAZY and ya I believe it has been the FIGHT of the year so far, its a damn shame it was an undercard fight to a JERMAIN TAYLOR fight cuz a lot more people coulda got to see a great match if it were an undercard to a fighter thats actually worth a damn.

I mean we all know this TWO FIGHT card was made to set up the future matchups at MW, hype up a Pavlik/Taylor fight.. cuz you know more people will watch Pavlik/Taylor if it happens after seeing the Miranda fight, it was a smart move but if it wasnt for the Pavlik/Miranda fight.. that would of been the biggest waste of time in boxing. Thank god for Miranda/Pavlik.

My Opinion:
    Doubt Miranda all u want, he will be back! he is a Top MW in Boxing and I dont believe thats the best he can do in that fight, not an excuse.. just believe that he will learn from this loss and come back a lot better. I dont think Pavlik will beat him everytime.. I think Miranda has to learn to fight a lot smarter then that, has to learn to box, and he has to train better.. he punched himself out early, gassed too quickly, and did not come out fighting the right fight.. he should of had a lot more snap in his punches, he should of defended himself better by not backing up into the ropes so often, and he should of been able to punch a lot more, and a lot harder.. Pavlik.. the boxer that can punch.. didnt defend himself that well during the fight, when he should of.. and was taking some heavy shots from Miranda, and my personal belief is Miranda could of given him a helluva lot more.. but now we get to see what kind of heart Miranda has, we get to see how he rebounds from a bad loss, if he puts it all into his training.. he will come back a monster.. an absolute beast.

My prediction.. Miranda will fight Pavlik again, and he will take the belt Pavlik will win from Jermain Taylor. Who again proves he is the most overrated boxer in Boxing.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I think so far, it's definitely one of the early candidates for fight of the year, up there with Mike Katsaidis/Graham Earl (great, great fight) and Rafael Marquez/Israel Vasquez I (another great fight that I was on the edge of my seat for until it got stopped). This was a coming out party for Kelly Pavlik and he's a guy who can definitely fill seats. I would pay to watch him, the guy comes to fight and he handily disposed of one of the top middleweights in the world as a slight underdog.

I don't think Pavlik and Miranda will fight anytime soon, the fight was a little too one-sided to warrant a rematch in the near future, but they're both young with their whole careers ahead of them. Who knows, in 2 years, these two may fight to unify belts, but for now, Miranda has a lot of work to do to catch up to Pavlik.

I definitely look forward to Taylor/Pavlik, and I'll be pulling for Pavlik to get the win and the titles. At this point, I think the best thing for Taylor's career in the long term is to lose, and we may see the real Jermain Taylor stand up. Let's see how he reacts to a loss, and let's see if he mans up and fights the universally recognized #1 contender in Kelly Pavlik.

As for Miranda, I agree, he'll be back. I'd like to see him get another crack at Abraham, but he still needs work. Perhaps Miranda's people put him in against Felix Sturm, or gets him a fight with Javier Castillejo. And let's not forget about Winky Wright, the x-factor in this division. I think he'll be back at middleweight after his fight with Bernard Hopkins, and he perhaps poses the biggest threat to any of the other top middleweights. And for damn sure, I think Abraham's people would rather take a bigger money fight than a rematch with Miranda, and we all know Winky doesn't mind travelling, especially for a title shot.

There are no real potential superstars yet, but for sure, Pavlik has the best shot of getting there. He punches hard, he's a good boxer (needs to work on his defense, though), he's got a good chin, and he's more than willing to trade with power punchers. He's no Marvin Hagler, but he'll be good.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Well well well. Welcome back Afro enjoy your vacation? lol

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Well well well. Welcome back Afro enjoy your vacation? lol
    Up until Miranda gettin mangled and embarrased, ya.. but ive never been so heated about a fight until last night
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Up until Miranda gettin mangled and embarrased, ya.. but ive never been so heated about a fight until last night
    Yeh, I really wanted Spinks to win though, so I didn't mind that bore fest. I think that was the only chance he had if he made it into a boring boxing match. It was entertaining for me to pray that Spinks didn't get hit every round, sitting at the edge of my seat.

I am impressive with spinks though. I don't think any JMW fighter can beat him.

I hope Don King matches Cory Spinks with Travis Simms in a unification bout, that seems pretty interesting to me. I'd also like to see Spinks take on Ouma; I'm curious to see how handles that sort of pressure. Maybe also a rematch with Karmazin.

This man is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvy_Mic
    I hope Don King matches Cory Spinks with Travis Simms in a unification bout, that seems pretty interesting to me. I'd also like to see Spinks take on Ouma; I'm curious to see how handles that sort of pressure. Maybe also a rematch with Karmazin.
    I would love to see Spinks fight Ouma. I think that would be a easy fight for him, but one that would solidify him amongst the P4P best. I think Spinks is really good. Almost as good as Mayweather if only he had some power, focus, and a much better trainer.

Is it me, or is his trainer an idiot? He doesn't direct him, he just tells him the obvious. Spinks needs to fire his ass and get a reputable trainer.

By the way, check out my new avatar. Pretty sweet, right?

Yeah, at JMW, any combination of Cory Spinks, Roman Karmazin, Travis Simms, or Kassim Ouma is an intriguing fight in my opinion. Also, remember that post I had about a potential de la Hoya/Spinks fight, if Spinks looked good in his fight with Taylor? Well, I think that fight may be a possibility too, but only if Spinks starts unifying titles. Oscar can beat him, if he was able push the pace against Mayweather and land good shots on him, I think he'd be able to rough up Spinks a little easier. If he can find him, of course. And Spinks, naturally, would love to take on Oscar.

The last fight we need to see though, is Spinks/Mayweather. It's painful for me to even think about.

This man is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvy_Mic
    The last fight we need to see though, is Spinks/Mayweather. It's painful for me to even think about.
    You got that right lol.

It was a GREAT fight, but since it was kinda short, i don't know if it can be fight of the year (although it was a GREAT GREAT FIGHT).

Right now I have 2 candidates so far.

1) Graham Earl vs Michael Katsidis (youtube it...trust me)
    2) Barrera vs. Marquez

Honorable mention Israel Vasquez vs. Rafael Marquez (another kind of short fight, 6 or 7 rounds i believe).

Thread Information